As an introduction - howsa'bout a 44 Spl ?

There is, or was this afternoon, a very nice blued Taurus 441 listed on Guns International, for what I would consider short money. Under $375.

However, it's a 6" barrel, with adjustable sights. Not exactly a concealed carry revolver. At least, not for me.

IF one could find a 3" for around $450, I would consider that a good price. Under $400, I would buy a backup. Of course, some prefer stainless, some prefer blue.

I would not consider selling mine, what would I replace it with ?

The 445 was a nice gun that I bought to replace a Bulldog. The only Taurus I ever liked though I could probably like a 431 too.

It had an excellent trigger, was accurate and well made.

AbDT2vih.jpg

I like .44 special. The lower pressure makes it relatively comfortable to shoot. The big bore and heavier weight make it relatively effective. Even without the historical value, it's a nice cartridge. In places with cold weather and magazine restrictions, I'd consider it for EDC.

EDC means "every day carry", basically means your primary carry gun.

Also... EDC is an abbreviation. An acronym is an abbreviation that you can also pronounce as if it were a word such as SCUBA or SNAFU.

I suppose if we called our primary carry gun an EDDICK, then we could call "EDC" an acronym. ;)

Oh man. That Taurus is sweeeeeet. Actually came to the site to look for info on them. I've been feinding after a shortish barreled 44 special but cant come to love the bull dogs. That Taurus would do very nicely. If it built anywhere near as good as my rossi model 33 its a keeper for sure.

Found this little guy on gun broker.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/782907909

I made a pretty low offer that I doubt will be accepted. It looks like it would be a good shooter, but has certainly seen some use.
The last few I saw on GunBroker went in the $450-ish range. Add shipping, and transfer, and one could easily be $500+ into one of these. I would think that if you could get that revolver for anything under $450, it would be a reasonable price.

That may seem excessive, for a Taurus, but one needs to remember that these were built for only a few years, and built in the stretch of time that many consider to be the high point in Taurus quality - from the early 80's to about the mid to late 90's.

I own more than a few Taurus-made (Taurii ?)revolvers from that time period, and without exception they are robust, well made revolvers. What do you suppose a S&W 44 Spl in 3" would run ? $800+, I am certain.

I just recently purchased a 1986 Taurus Model 66, a blued 6" half-lug .357 that is just beautiful. I would put it up against any of its' S&W contemporaries for a quality comparison.

A s&w 696 3" in 44s will cost you at least $800 these days, closer to a grand for a cherry peice. So yeah, real nice Taurus!

Back in the late '90s I watched as a guy and a gun store clerk couldn't reach agreement, on the Taurus .44 Special snub the guy wanted the gun store to buy off him. I still kick myself for not catching him in the parking lot and trying to dicker.

Found this little guy on gun broker.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/782907909

I made a pretty low offer that I doubt will be accepted. It looks like it would be a good shooter, but has certainly seen some use.

I'd say offer $350, and see where it goes.

Except

Inspection/ Return Policy
AS IS - No refund or exchange

This bothers me.

I would really like to have a Taurus 431 or 441. I will as soon as I run across one at a good price.

I have owned half a dozen or so late 80's and early 90's Taurii, and they have all been good. My 1990 or so Model 689 is my preferred HD handgun.

The Rossi 720's are also fun shooters from the same era in the same caliber.

44 special is one of my favorite calibers. In my big 44 magnum revolvers it is fun and not painful. In my CA Bulldog it is a lot of "oomph" in a small package.

Back