Article covering the incorporation issue (14th Amendment) post-Heller

Jim, have you considered trying to bring in the issue of poll taxes, their racist origin, and how the constitutional law on the subject might apply to taxes like the NFA?

Though many of us here have the patience, interest, and brain capacity to wade though all this, the general public probably does not.

Is it possible to get a 'Cliff Notes' draft going so that these points can be more accessible to the GP?

I'm talking about folks who read at, let's say a sixth grade level. They have the same rights we do, of course, and might be particularly interested to know about the dark underbelly of gun control legislation history.

Jim:
I suspect if you go into their actual gun laws, you will find them VERY restrictive.

I did. No "suspect" about it - they're as bad as anywhere. That's one reason Heller may prove a total shock...

It's very hard to get loaded ammo in and out, due to shipping companies, and, for some reason boat shipping is not allowed.

No surprise.

Seems if you are rich, Hawaiian, or a police officer there is clearly a different set of rules.

Again: no surprise.

The surprise is that AG Bennett has signalled a willingness to review HI gun laws top to bottom in light of Heller, and they have to follow Heller because they cloned the 2A locally.

Back