Arrgghh! I am going crazy...which one to buy!

I would go for the HK. I have a USPc in 9mm and would not part with it for the world. Have not had a malfunction of any kind in 2,500 rounds. The only draw back is extra magazines are a little more expensive than most others.

I own or have shot all of the above. For concealability, the Kimber or the G36 are hard to beat. I carry the Kimber ultra elite and a lt.wt. commander. I shoot them better then my Glock in .45 cal. HK's are expensive as are the magazines and parts, but are good shooters. I did not like the G30 as it felt to chunky in my hand and is more difficult to conceal as is the HK. Sigs are great guns, but expensive and the P245 is a big gun when you talk concealing it. The Kimber CDP in the 3 or 4 inch barrel is a great gun. Thin, light, melted down, and easy to conceal. The 4 inch comes in full size grip or shorter ultra carry grip. The full size magazines can be had with 8 rounds with one in the pipe or 7+1 in the compact. Parts are cheap, and lots of people work on them. They retail for $1060, but can be had for $850 at the competitive gunshows here in Texas.

Just a work of caution concerning 1911 style guns. Unless you have fired one alot and developed "muscle memory" dropping the thumb safety stick with the Glocks. I have seen people in our IDPA matches forget to drop the thumb safety. An IDPA match bears no similarity to a real gun fight.

in my opinion, i'd go for the hk uspc as well. i own it in a .40 and it is the best concealable gun i've ever carried. i take it with me everywhere. i shoot less than 2" groups at 25 yards with it. i've shot glocks, sigs, taurus, s&w, rugers, kimber 1911, and colt 1911, and others i can't remeber at the moment, and my favorite remains the hk. i was skepticle about paying 650.00 for a compact auto, but i'm glad i did. i will own this gun for life. the warranty is excellent too...lifetime. that's just my opinion. hope it helps.

I would go for the HK I have 2 of them sold a glock 30 to buy one of my HK's. I liked the glock but never looked back. For me the glock 30 was hard to control, I didn't find this out until I started attending IDPA matches, until then I hadn't ever really thought about the time it takes to re-acquire a target. just my 2 cents.

I have carried the Glock 30/36 the Sig P245/220. The Kimber
CDP Compact, the Ultra Carry, the Target, and the Custom..I also have carried a Colt Custom Combat Commander...and the HK USP45/USP45c

My choice is the HK 45 Compact..USP45cSS

My experence has been with Full size USP45 that in firing over 3000 rounds I have had not a single FTF in firing over 500 rounds with the Compact I have had not a single FTF..

The gun shoots into 2" at 25 yards..do not let folks tell you that a combat gun should shoot into nothing more than than 1" I have many guns like that for games and play.

The things which will get you killed are a gun that won't go bang...and a gun that is not with you at the time you need it.

There are better guns for games... ie IPC and others,but if you want a for real combat piece I really think that the HK is a good way to go..I know that people say that real gunfighters carry 1911s..well I been there and done that and I will take the HK (unless I can not get a 12ga with a twenty round mag.) over the 1911 anyday of the week for basic self defense.

Gary

Have a 245 and had a G30. Got rid of the 30 as it did not fit the {large} hand well & would not feed certain bullet shapes. The 245 or 220 would be the personal choice. Also have a 4" Kimber Compact that did not shoot comfortably untill adding a S&A arched MSH w/magwell that added ca. 1/4" to the grip.

Back