Armscor/Rock Island M206 Thoughts?

That's interesting, Seems like a waste of machining.

You could crown it your self if you really want to, they sell the tools.
I keep wanting to cut down my savage 22 rifle, But haven't done it yet.

Pictures of other M206's have a crown. If others have a crown, I want one too.

In fact, the lack of the crown seems to be the reason is shoots to the right.
It could be you, or the sights, the barrel slightly screwed on too much/little, but it could be the crown.

I'd call Rock and see what they say. Might be a recent design change, or it could have been a missed step at the factory. Either way they should fix it for you.

When you settle on a grip you like then you can worry about if it shoots to the left or right. It may just be you and not the gun.

You can use an RCBS case deburring tool to crown the barrel. I have done it a few times. Just use the inside reamer and go slow. You may want to put a piece of paper towel down the barrel to keep the metal chips from getting into the rest of the gun.

I shot the gun again yesterday and this time I used the larger plastic grips instead of the small wood ones and I also shot standard pressure, not +P loads.

The result was the gun shot to POA. It did not pull to the right.

So either the small grips were causing me to pull shots right or the +P ammo I was shooting does that naturally or it was a combo of the heavier recoil of +P and the smaller grips.

Next time I shoot it I'll use +P only and see if it still pulls right with the larger grips.

Back