Armi Sanpaola 44 New Model Army

Yes it is and it took me a lot of time to get how that system works, not intuitive (or so I think) kind of a non elegant brilliant solution to the bolt timing.

So a head scratched as to how the Bolt leg got that way, clearly a screw up as it does exactly what you would expect (if you understand how it works) and release the bolt too soon.

When the parts get here I will see how the bolt fits and then make a decision as to filing the existing one square (timing will still be off a bit I suspect) or put the new one in (testing it) and see how it goes.

Regardless at some point the original one will get filed down just to see if it can be made to work. I don't know if I can make it work worse but I can do a partial cock and get the cylinder to spin right now even if not half cock like it should be.

In a way it reminds me of putting brake disk pads on cars in the past, some were clearly the right general type but the fit was not quite right. I would let the owner know (for a friend always), these do not cost much but I can return and have the same issue unless its an OEM and that means next week.

The decision always was to go ahead and file down, worst case the old ones went back on and the new ones a throw away (can't return if filed on). As long as the basic layout is right it worked fine but the owner needed to make that decision.

I am the owner here so I can futz with this the way I need to.

Parts kit came in, definitely needed work to make fit, I was expecting that. I took it shooting again this Wds and worked around it. Front sight stayed in place. Picture of the holes in the target at 15 yards (I have a hard time with iron sights)

I did a lot of grinding and profiling on the replacement bolt, got it fitted in fits and starts.

Works nicely now.

The cylinder latch portion required a lot of modification (grinding) and the bottom of the bolt needed grinding down to let come far enough up to not hit the spring.

The key part aka the arm that interfaces the hammer did not need any modification.

Attachments

• Group 10-11-23.jpg
    Group 10-11-23.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0680.JPG
    IMG_0680.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0679.JPG
    IMG_0679.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 2
Well the interesting aspects continue.

I just came across (purely by accident) the cap container my wife got when she bough the ASP. Amazing. The shape caught my eye as I was stowing some bins of fasteners.

And a good count of how many rounds went through it, 30 (as that is what is left).

I popped one off and as energetic as the Remington's I have. Will have to give these a go next shooting session.

Back