Armed Store Owner Allows Robbers to Flee

The only thing that kills me about the story (besides scum-bag crooks), is the phrase used several times: "an automatic handgun"
Maybe it was one of those new prototype auto pistols like a 1911A1, Beretta 92 or a Glock

He played it the best way he could. Dangerous job, in several ways more so the LEO work. If he goes and call the cops everytime he see something odd, well, that won't play very well either. Nor is he in a position to draw first. Crap job.

Smart man, made the right decision. Money is replacable his life is not if a gun battle started.

Unfortunately in the politically correct world we live in most folks who go to law school seem to be leaving their common sense at the door.

You have to decide what is your priority.

You need to have the equipment and training to have options.

Then, in an incident - decide what outcome you want?

Is it to maximize your chance of not being hurt or is it to make a statement about law and order with the attendant risks of getting killed or hurt?

Easy to chest pound about being a coward, legalisms and cowardice on the Internet.

Since I've done the robbery scenario several times in FOF - I know it is a high probability I will get shot when the shooting starts. If I can get the robbers to leave without shooting me - that's fine. If I think I will be better off by shooting, I will.

That's common sense and not some baloney.

Back