Arizona joins the club today?

BlueTrain, open carry is illegal in TX, you must have a CHL to carry and it must be concealed. You can be cited for failure to conceal if your shirt rides up or you print bad enough for a cop to notice and take offense.

Let me check outside... still no blood in the streets.

I applied for my AZ CCW permit yesterday since there are now exemptions from going through the mandatory training course. Since I am military and I have a current or expired CCW from another state with training and testing requirements, I qualified for two of the exemptions. While I was being fingerprinted at the police station, the cop and I got to talking. He had been carrying concealed since before the "cops can carry nationwide without license" law went into effect. His reaction and I quote, "I'm not a fan of the new law, but I'm not going to get all butt hurt about it either."

Do I have to carry my papers the next time I go to Arizona in case the police stop me?
Yes, just like every other state in the union. Try driving through the east coast without your "papers". You won't get very far after your first traffic stop without them.

Back