Arizona and me?

I have to say out of my holiday in the US I really liked Arizona - especially the Sedona area Jerome was good too. Although Sedona could do without all those damn tshirt shops and yuppie shops.
When I go back I plan to hire a car and see it properly, I hope I'll be able to get some tips on where to go. I've heard there are plenty of places to go that aren't on the regular tourist stops.
I want to see more of those ancient Indian ruins. Unfortunately staying would put me in the same place I saw a few Mexicans in Yuma - in the back of a paddy wagon. :(
Can someone tell me why they put Phoenix where it is? it seemslike its out in the middle of nowhere.

Can someone tell me why they put Phoenix where it is? it seems like its out in the middle of nowhere.

That's intentional. It's to keep all the expatriate Kalifornians in one place, where the rest of the state can keep an eye on them. ;)

------------------
"Taking a long view of history, we may say that
anyone who lays down his arms deserves whatever he gets."
--Jeff Cooper

For all those interested, I got this off of Mike's CCW page. Nice links. I even found a live web cam for Flagstaff. Cloudy out there right now! Thanks for all the help. hopefully I'll be out there before Y2K...but that means I'll need to find some gal to kiss at midnight. Hmph. Well, I guess I would have that problem here in CT, too ;)
http://www.state.az.us/

Back