Arisaka Type 99 Conversion

yes it is,but with the extractor holding the case back against the bolt face, i have had no problems at all and if that worries you seat the bullet out to just meet the lands. in the .223 ackley improved the regular .223 fire forms the shoulder forward with out any problems in my rem 700 push feed action. always better to use the case made for the caliber if available. and most are today if you want to spent the money, i enjoy making them my self. eastbank.

You better believe the extractor traps the bullet. I was firing 2 identical 6.5's but one I had recut to 6.5x55. It was a long hot day at the range and I reached over and picked a round out of the box. I put a 6.5x50 round into a 6.5x55 chamber and fired it. It stretched that case out about a 1/4 inch and swelled it to the max. Never had two different rounds on the table again.

of course your right and its a good time for the reloader of odd calibers with makers like priv-norma and others. but there was a time when most were not available and the ones that were cost $$$. i load for a 1886 win .40-82 that i use .45-90 cases to make the .40-82 cases, to buy original .40-82 is costly to say the least. eastbank.

Back