are you guys buying these spendy 22 bolt guns ???

CZ makes a pretty fine 22 in several models. I bought the 452 Trainer a while back and was so impressed with the iron sights at 200 yards, I just had to put a scope on it and get a trigger job.

The dovetail rail did not impress me much and I opted to put a picatinny rail on it and mount a scope.

The rifle shoots really fine and I shoot it a lot. Seems like the rifle was less than $400 but I could be wrong.

I would like to get a Ruger 77/22. I like Ruger rifles anyway and that is reason enough to go on the prowl.

Any time I'm looking for a specific gun, cost is the biggest factor.
I wish I could buy myself a CZ bolt action rifle.:o

I've had an "early" CZ452 Varmint and had a difficult time getting it to shoot well. I finally free-floated the barrel and bedded the action. That made all the difference, but it wasn't the rifle for me.

A a year or so ago, I bought a new/used CZ455, .22WMR and it had problems that I corrected, including bedding, firing pin shape, and trigger pull. It now shoots MOA at 100 yards with the right ammo, but with other ammos varies from 1 1/4 to 3 MOA. I was immediately attracted to the woodgrain of this rifle and apparent newness in the used gun rack. It's lightness and accuracy make it my favorite walk-about rifle.

The 455 is a switch-barrel design, but because I never intend to shoot either .17 HMR or .22LR in it, I LockTite-d the barrel in with Steeve and Bearing Mount. It worked for my Ruger 10-22, and seems to have helped the 455.

I love my 77/22 grey laminated stock, I got it for my 41st Bday, I got a Leupold scope for it to, maybe a little pricey for some, but a great gun :D

.22s

Spendy .22s?
When I retired, I bought this rifle for myself. I had wanted it for years. I have not regretted the purchase for a moment.
Anschutz model 1827 with a Fortner straight pull bolt. It cost a lot then. It is even more nowadays.
1827-Fortner-big.jpg

Pete

Which CZ rimfire rifle do you already own? I have a CZ 455 Varmint with .22 LR and .17 HMR barrels. It's pretty dang accurate.

Some years ago I fired three rounds from my 308 Morma Mag rifle to see if it was sited in befor going big game hunting. That fall I shot three more rounds to take a pronghorn, mule deer, and elk. So that whole year I shot six rounds from the big game rifle...But I was shooting a lot of ammo from my rimfire and small bore rifles. Nuts, I decided that I would get top quality rifles for the ones I shot the most so I have Cooper 57 M LVT, Kimber 82, and Anschutz rimfire rifles . My cost of ownership per shot for the RF rifles is far less that my big game rifles. My RF rifles are accurate and the wood stocks look good. So for to me they are not spendy.

I paid $400.00 for this Ruger 77/22 with the scope (used) a few years ago. Well worth the money IMHO. Most all my deer hunting has been done in shotgun only areas, so this is my flirtation with a "nice" rifle.

100_0028.jpg

Made in 1984, the first year of production, it kills squirrels as far away as I'm willing to shoot at them.

Back