Are you a handgun, rifle, shotgun or machinegun person?

Are you a handgun, rifle, shotgun or machinegun person?

• Handgun

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Rifle

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Shotgun

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Machinegun

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love machine guns. Would like to have more. Can't afford more. I just hope someone makes a "binary" trigger for some of my favorite handguns before the Antis twist the livers of limp politicians forcing them to enact some kind of ban.

I find handguns the most entertaining and satisfying to shoot. They are also highly suitable for indoor ranges. In another life,I was able to impress my friends by picking roaches off the wall with their airsoft pistols.

Rifles are difficult for me to shoot past a couple hundred yards. Plinking offhand close by isn't the same as firing a high powered centerfire off a bench at long range. I'm probably doing everything wrong. However, I almost never get to shoot anyways, and I probably can't find enough rimfire to take a class. And I don't really have a suitable rifle anyways.

I might be a shotgun guy if I could do it affordably. I can't.

Machine guns are a sad joke. I might be able to afford a to run a few magazines through a rental if I save up, but that's it. Seriously, the absolute cheapest transferable costs as much as a rather nice used car. That's bucks. And then anything interesting is likely several tens of thousands of dollars. And that's today's prices. Short of winning a Powerball, I'll likely never own one. I'll be lucky enough to fire one.

I'm primarily a rifleman. But own and use both handguns and shotguns quite a bit too. I just enjoy shooting rifles more.

Depends on my mood.

Sometimes I like hitting little bitty things a long ways away. Sometimes I like blasting away and making lots of noise and laughing about what we hit (or don't hit).

Machine guns are always interesting, though I've never actually shot one. I have the feeling it would be like my kids wanting to ride in the front seat... it's "fun" because of it's novelty but would soon wear to "ho hum".

I can definitively say that I have more fun with handguns. Fun of the "Woo hoo!" kind, anyway. Rifles are fun for the skill and precision at distance.

If it goes bang when I pull the trigger I enjoy shooting it. Shoot handguns more than rifles or shotguns. I find shotguns for clay targets to be the most challenging but don''t do as much of it as I once did.

I am most definitely a rifle guy, and have been for quite a while. For me I think it's partly because it's just easier for me to hit what I'm aiming at with rifles. Hand me a good rifle and I feel like I can just hit anything. Hand me a handgun and it's really a crap shoot whether or not I hit anything beyond 25 yards.

As for shotguns I'm not too into them, but my mossberg 590 is still pretty fun to shoot.

I've gotten a decent amount of range time with various machineguns in the military, and they can be quite fun to shoot. However outside of that I don't have much interest in owning/shooting them. It's just not as fun to me sending a wall of lead down range as opposed to taking my time and shooting slow.

I prefer competition shotgun events. You have to figure out what the target setter has done and then how to approach it and hit those moving targets. You have about 20 seconds to formulate a plan, focus, and then execute it flawlessly. Since every club is different, you never see the same target presentation anywhere. Makes one use their brain as well as their hands and eyes.

Guess I've always been a pistolero. Have shot many types of firearms over the years, Enjoy hand guns most, rim fired rifles second and small cal. heavy barreled varmint rifles last. Just never became interested in bird shooting.

It's a hard poll lol.

I have the most interaction with pistols and enjoy shooting them, but I enjoy shooting rifles more. So it washes out to about 50/50.

I love shooting my XDm the most because it takes so little time to clean afterwards. The AR I must admit I dont enjoy cleaning. Wish there was a Gun wash place where I can sit and drink coffee while they clean my toys like they clean my car :D

I like shooting them all. Shooting a Tommy gun was awesome! I'd love to have one. But, being realistic, I consider myself a rifle person, they are just so much more capable than the rest of the choices for me.

I like my semi-auto rifles (Colt SP1 and 6920) and pistol-caliber carbine (Cx4) for fun times at the range.

My pistols are mainly for personal defense, rather than everyday range toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back