Are the Media getting more ‘savvy’ about guns?

The one media thing that it quite important is the usage of assault rifle or weapon by some. When they used it, gun folks would have a hissy fit and say that an AR-15 isn't an assault boomboom because it isn't a fully auto like the Stormgerboombooom. How stupid is the MSM.

Thus, many have switched to military style semi automatic. That still makes their point the gun is a dangerous weapon of war and not for the general public. The gun world tries to use MSR which is a total cave-in dodge to the purpose of the 2nd Amend. and leads to nonsense like Trump saying the guns are for entertainment.

Aguila Blanca said:
But did anyone say he had a 1911? Everything I've read said ".45". Could have been double stack Glocks, in .45 ACP or even .45 GAP. Or a CZ double stack.

The report I read indicated a Glock, but as the internet meme directly on the point of media savvy illustrates, that doesn't mean it was actually a Glock.

It's possible that some of the characteristics of the shooter suppressed (no pun) some media hysteria, though some of that hysteria may have been displaced onto an even more reliable catalyst for exaggeration or distortion. In DJT's interview by Piers Morgan, DJT meets the subject of suppressors with an apparently reflexive "Well, I’d like to think about it ... I’m going to seriously look at it." By the time Bloomberg reports it, it is "Trump is seriously looking at banning suppressors", which sounds more like a policy initiative.

Similarly, people can hear DJT responding to a question about the popularity of AR15s saying that "A lot of them [people] use them for entertainment" yet think they heard him say "the guns are for entertainment". It's the same sort of wishful interpretation that has people concluding that the Heller decision upheld "reasonable restrictions".

Aside from the make of the pistol involved, as Tom Servo had noted, it hasn't even been confirmed that a suppressor was used in the event, only that the shooter had one. People, including media people, are always dumbest about these events just after they happen; it seems too much to ask of news media that they confirm details before they report them.

Last edited:
When you write about things you know little about, don't do any research on your own, don't even have a "cheat sheet" and don't bother to talk to those in the know....

Back