Are Taurus revolvers *that* bad?

Dear Badge 851, Its the mainspring assembly its the outer bushing that you turn its part of the mainspring assembly. According to the manual online Only some taurus revolvers (target silhouette) have the adjustment. My older 94 has it the 455 does not, but has a great trigger anyway.

Here is the adjustment instructions from the Taurus manual. The part looks just like a steel rod and it passes through the center of the mainspring.

To adjust the hammer tension, remove the grip by
loosening the single screw on the bottom of the grip and
pulling it free from the frame. The adjustment knob is in
the Frame. Use a small flat bladed screw driver to hold
the inner bushing and turn the outer bushing to adjust.
Turn clockwise to loosen the tension and counterclockwise
to tighten. The tension can be checked by
verifying that the firearm is unloaded, pointing the
muzzle in a safe direction and “dry-firing” the revolver.
When the hammer tension is adjusted, replace the grip
and the grip screw.

Picture located here: in the PDF page 15

http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/revolver-manual.pdf

Last edited:
I have a Taurus Tracker 922 that is 22LR and 22WMR. GREAT GUN. Finish was ugly so I sanded it down and polished it. I also replaced the hideous grips. Shoots well for me. The spent shells don't always eject easily in 22WMR. Apart from that. It's very accurate. I enjoy it.

I also have a 605 357 Magnum Snubbie from their Custom Shop. It had a great trigger. Finish was excellent. Shoots extremely well. No complaints. It's 22 years old. Love it.

I have tried my friend's semiatuos, on the other hand, and I hated the triggers.

Revolvers aren't bad, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have only had a couple. Both in 45 ACP. The one on top is a Tracker and the one on the bottom is a Total Titanium. For what they cost they were a good value. Of course the 5 round moon clips are hard to find.

I was thinking of getting a Judge but will probably get a S&W Governor instead just because it takes the S&W 625 moon clips and I have S&W 625s and 325s.

Back