Are all double stacks this difficult to load?

Joe-ker

Got my XDM 9mm elite last week. Only have a 1911 and mark 4 until now. Loaded up a mag.....boy that was tough. Dry cracked thumbs this time of year made it worse. Thinking hard about a UpLula reloader now.

I had an XDm a while back. The magazines were very stiff. An UpLula is a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why you need to think about an Uplula. Just get one. Or two so you have one at home and one in your range bag.

Great tool !!!

Thinking hard about a UpLula reloader now.
I have owned about four of these, for a long time now and frankly, I would be handicapped without them. As Some of us can admit, our skin is getting thinner as we get more "Vintage" ,,,,, :)

Save the skin and;
Be Safe !!!

Absolutely. An appropriate Uplula model (they make several kinds) is a must-have for double stacks for those of us without bionic fingers.

My range has UpLULA's chained to each bay. I have one in my bag and a 22 UpLULA as well. Try loading up a 30 round 9mm beretta mag. Love these tools.

Don't think about it, just buy an Uplula,,,

Don't think about it, just buy an Uplula,,,
You'll spend the next few days wondering why you ever hesitated.

Aarond

Another UpLuLa vote here.

All my 9mm's came with reloading tools but this one covers them all, so I only have to take it, and I bought bright green so it's easy to find in my range bag. It also makes reloading the magazines a lot quicker.

in my experience, when they are brand new, almost always. they do soften a bit with time. However the uplula is a great tool at all times

Got an Uplula as a stocking-stuffer one Christmas. I've forgotten lots of things I got since then, but I'm grateful for the Uplula every range trip.

Don't bother leaving a mag loaded for a length of time to weaken the spring. It won't happen. What weakens springs is cycling so if you use your XDm a lot you may have to replace the spring every year. If you don't use it much you may never have to. I have a Kahr single stack mag that was really tough to load and that mag has been fully loaded in a drawer for seven years now with no use and is still a thumbuster. Go Uplula. Get a pair.

if you got a 15 round FNX45T chambered in .45ACP the first 7 rounds are easy, then the next 8 get REALLY stiff to jam in the rounds. If you got "girlie finger tips" like me you NEED the Uplula loader, period.

When new many of the +10 magazines can be stiff as you get near full capacity. Even round #8 in many 1911 magazines. I've found that loading only about 10-12 out of 15-17 rounds and leaving it overnight before adding one more in the morning. Then one more every few hours until full makes it a lot easier. Leave it loaded for a day or 2 and after thereafter it is easier to load to full capacity.

Other than the 1st time loading a new mag I've never felt the need to use any type of mag loader.

NEVER though I'd need something as silly as a pistol magazine loader. Wrong again, age caught up with me. I now have two of the UpLulas for pistols, and one for rifles. Some of the best investments in shooting gear I've made.

Magazine springs will take a set, and get a little easier to load. Get an UpLula anyway;)

Back