Approved!!!!

I have a friend who lives just outside of Syracuse and he advised that in order to get a pistol permit anywhere in New York state, the applicant has to be "approved" by the local judge and/or police chief. New York state (albeit separate and more "lenient" than NYC) is not a "shall issue" state and the notion that you might have to "suck up" to the local magistrate just to secure a right to self-defense is repugnant to me.

Bad thing about buying that first one is you will buy that second one, which leads to buying that third one..........

C'mon we all know that strict gun control reduces crime. If not for Bloomberg, imagine how easy it would be for criminals to acquire firearms. Chicago and L.A. would also be burdened by armed gang members. Quit whining about the inconvience of all the red tape and government strangulation of the second amendment. :rolleyes:

It's so true that one handgun leads to another, and as anyone here will agree, the Must-Have list just gets longer and longer (My own list is at least two pages long).
But what would life be if you said "OK I'm full up now I can stop"??? There's ALWAYS one more handgun or one more rifle that is just begging to follow you home, and ain't it fun to keep looking??? Welcome to the club and as always Enjoy The Ride...

Upstate NY has two things I like, viz. snow and mountains. It's a travesty of justice to let the politicians drive us out of some of the best places in the country. (California, Colorado, NY, etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
As a general matter, we avoid using terms like "libtard," "commie" or "pinko" in reference to large sections of the population . . . such as entire states.

I've gone through and cleaned up a couple of posts, and I'd sure appreciate it if this thread would get back on topic and in compliance with forum rules.

Upstate NY has two things I like, viz. snow and mountains. It's a travesty of justice to let the politicians drive us out of some of the best places in the country. (California, Colorado, NY, etc)

My favorite area in the whole world is in the Sierra Nevada's around the Donner Pass/Truckee/Tahoe area. I haven't been there in 15 years though. I hate travelling to/from/through California. :(

EDIT: Wrote Reno instead of Tahoe. Whoops. :p

Thank you Spats, and I apologize. I already have my first three handguns picked out, first one is already paid for and waiting at LGS for me to pick up. It is a Beretta 92fs. Had one issued to me in the marine corps and have wanted one ever since. Then comes the s&w 629 classic with 5.5 in barrel I have on layaway. Next is a Browning buckmark 22. I haven't had my permit a week and my list of must haves is already growing! :)

Congrats, Backwoodsboy! Enjoy your new-found freedom.

richardcorey said:

But what would life be if you said "OK I'm full up now I can stop"??? There's ALWAYS one more handgun or one more rifle that is just begging to follow you home, and ain't it fun to keep looking?

I'm pretty much full up, with no must-haves left on the list. OK, well, except for a 1911. I don't have any of those. Yet. So yeah, I guess you are right. :D

Back