appendix carry

I am with you. I would carry my P30SK or my CZ-P-01 Appendix (both with De-cocker) but I would never carry a Firearm with stored energy like a striker fired gun appendix. I know it is done everyday, but no way would I do it. Also When I try to carry appendix the gun digs into my gut when I try to sit. I can't seem to find a comfortable way of doing it.
I was the same. But. I’m slowly accepting the Sig P365. With the manual safety. In a Kydex holster, is probably OK. I have not heard a single report of a P365 going off uncommanded.

I have been carrying appendix for quite a few years now.

I have recently switched over to a S&W M&P Shield Plus from my tried & true Glock 29.

The S&W is a good bit smaller and with my holster modified a bit it has been pretty comfortable for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not for me, however, carry in whichever fashion you find comfortable. If you do carry appendix, make sure that you have a quality holster, especially if you are using a striker fired pistol.

I hear everyone, including your good info tunnelrat.

I wonder though. I have a SmartCarry. I like it. It seems that the way the smart carry drops it from your mid-line of bending, if you're into appendix carry...shouldn't this be the leader?

I hear everyone, including your good info tunnelrat.

I wonder though. I have a SmartCarry. I like it. It seems that the way the smart carry drops it from your mid-line of bending, if you're into appendix carry...shouldn't this be the leader?

https://smartcarry.com/

Watching the video on the website, the main difference seems to be that it pushes the pistol further down on the body. Many appendix holsters have the ability to adjust the depth of the holster relative to the belt line.

Why I wouldn’t personally be interested in one. I already wear a belt as part of my dress, even when not wearing a firearm. Adding something with a built in belt to that seems bulkier than I would want. Additionally, I don’t want the grip to be that low to my waistband. I specifically want to be able to get a full grip on the pistol as I go to draw, and this seems to me like it would make that somewhat challenging, or more challenging than I’m used to. I also would prefer to have a more rigid holster. I am not a big fan of cloth/nylon holsters, having had mixed luck with them on the past.

Admittedly I haven’t tried this holster, maybe I would in the future. I have looked into the Phlster Enigma, and if I wore sweat pants or athletic shorts regularly I would look at that.

Last edited:
Back