appendix carry, when and with what?

I didn't even know it was called appendix carry, but that is the only way I can do it comfortably and concealed. I am very thin, about 6' and 145 pounds, don't have a bunch of real estate to put a gun on. when I know I am going to have a jacket all day, I will carry under shoulder.

Last edited:
However, standing being someone who is using a horizontal shoulder holster would make me uncomfortable, especially if it held an auto.

Well, that makes two of us.

Luckily this was a revolver but, by and large, most seemed to think I was worrying unnecessarily......

I should say, since then, that I would probably be less concerned now, but no unconcerned.

When I carry, it is appendix, although not meeting some of the more exact definitions.
Most comfortable, easy to reach, easiest to conceal, and I can sit in a chair...

Last edited:
for a lot of folks ccw is with OWB or IWB rigs. the two alternatives because of convenience and mode of dress are pocket and appendix carry, the latter allowing more gun to be carried.

Tried it...once, and done.
I don't see how anyone could sit down (drive) with it comfortably- and not have a major readjustment necessary when getting up/out of the vehicle in particular. Not to mention, are you really going to drive with your seatbelt across it? I shudder to think what injuries would occur where one to be in even a fender-bender with a weapon between the seatbelt and your abdomen.

Any type of carry, whether IWB or OWB needs to be vehicle/driver friendly as that's where we all end up when leaving the house or office.

Natural for me is IWB, at 3:00-4:00. This tucks the grip of the pistol- the part that would print- into the small of my back where it all but disappears.

I aiwb all day everyday with a CZ 75 B. Have done so since 2009. I'm 5' 9 " x 170#. I make sure my pants fit properly and at my waist, not riding below and sagging due to frontal excess.

As far as riding in a car, I'm a lefty so it doesn't really matter how I carry. It is impossible to draw and present for a threat at the driver's window...I've got a bug and i am somewhat proficient at short range weak hand shooting.

I drive 3k- 5k miles a month, 4 o'clock with the grip of my pistol putting pressure above my kidneys isn't particularly comfortable.

Like above i carry AIWB all the time. G19 with a factory threaded barrel, so its more G17 length.

Im 5'9" and 180# and carry the gun at about 1:30-2 oclock. Driving or sitting is not an issue. Even on 10+ hour road trips its fine.

Jeans and a tshirt or polo and the gun just disappears. Smaller guns even better. A Kahr or Shield would NEVER show.

Nathan,

Driving for me is no issue. I use a N82 Tactical and from the top of my beltline, the gun and holster have a 4" drop. When sitting, where my legs make the angle, it's 6"-7" so nothing is sticking/gouging my upper leg/inside of thigh.

The N82 Tactical is an extremely comfortable holster (for me) at both aiwb and 8 o'clock IWB (southpaw)

Back