Anyone Use Metalform 1911 Magazines

I use them in my Springfield 9mm 1911 and they have worked great with no problems. Its been years and they still just keep going and going.

I've got Metalform .45's and .38 Supers. Both have been changed over to Wilson extra capacity followers and all have been running well for years.

They don't lock back but neither do Wilson mags with extra capacity followers and I'm used to that.

one

I've got 1, a 7 rd model, that I bought for a 70 Series Commander I owned for a while likely 20+ yrs ago. Sold the pistol, but kept the magazine to use on the rare occassion I shoot my vintage 1911.

Now I'm using the Metalfomr in a Tisas I acquired recently. Seems to work fine in both.

I have 2 seven rounders with the rounded follower. I think they are some of the best even though JB didn't design the rounded follower.

Of course I have other mags but in my pistols which include a Springfield FS and Colt LW Commander, both .45, the Metalforms with the rounded follower work great.

I also sorted out my 1911 mags with the straight, GI type feed lips which also perform best in my pistols. I prefer 7 round mags.

Back