i put about 100 rds down range:rolleyes:,
its going to take some geting use to, i will have
to file the front site, if you level up the site it
shoots way to low, and 12-15 grns of sub well
i thought the ball was going to roll out, so i went
to 22 grns then it shoot a lot better, over all i am
happy so far, but one gripe the grips could have
been a lot better fit, will have to replace.:D

I guess they're putting taller front sights on them now. My 58(2000) shoots high as does my older one(1969). On the cleaning issue. I've never been a round counter. I don't shoot at a range, I just go outside for however long I feel like or till I run out of ammo. Yesterday I fired 100 rounds(counted) out of my 60 Colt. Cleaned as usual without tearing it down other than the grips and cylinder. It's been a few months since it's been torn down and I have no idea how many rounds have gone through it since then but more than a few. After I cleaned it I tore it completely down and it was clean as a whistle inside. I then tore down my 58 Pietta which I didn't shoot yesterday but the last time it was torn down was the same time the 60 was. It was clean inside also, no rust, no residue, just clean shiny parts with a slightly oily surface.

A lot of lead sheets, hundreds of molded round balls and minie balls, several thousand percussion caps and fixed ammo to boot. I'm not stock-piling though. I just buy stuff because I can. It is my duty as a consumer to help our economy by consuming :p

ok im confused on how yours can be perfectly clean inside. When ever i open one of mine up. It has black soot all over the insides. Black powder residue. So how is it possible that your revolver is picture perfect. Example my walker. after shooting it all day. Looking at the brass trigger guard. The area around the trigger itself has brownish look to it. through the hole itself. Removing the trigger guard will help in polishing it back up. Same time underneath that brass is more soot.

I've got a few pounds of powder a couple hundred each of round balls and minies already cast. Need to get more musket caps, only got about 300. Got a thousand or so of pistol caps that also work on my Hawken which I hardly ever use anymore. Got a goodly supply of lead but need to get some more since it's getting harder to get.

Just picked up 600 .44 ball and 500 230 gr .45 RN. I still need to stock some 9MM Hornady 125 gr FMJ/FN...excellent shooter in my CZ75. I'd also like to pick up about 500 150 gr .308 FMJ pulls.

I was looking at Graf & Sons and realized they're only about 21/2 hours away! ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!:D

Back