Anyone shoot any FULLY automatic weapons in here?

Yes, the 60' thru 80' were great times. I bought 4 Mac-10 with matching supp. for $75 each after the big auction on the US Courthouse steps in Atlanta. Reisings were $75 for a mil model cause noone wanted them but the PDs were full of them. Still a great shooter.

On the big guns like the H-2, I had one from E. R. Maples that was only fired once. Paid very little for such a big piece of metal.

Next time I go back to my old office, I plan to pull my files and compare guns I had by serial number and what I paid for them and what they are selling for now.

I miss the guns but I have no idea where you can shoot them in the S.E. without getting a visit from LEO. I had 200 acres long time ago but sold it, too.

Yep.. :D

I went on vacation down to Florida a couple weeks ago and a family that set up right next to me and my dad had brought a suppressed buckmark, and 2 full autos, a Steyr AUG and a pre-ban (pre-64?) H&K MP5.

Before we were getting ready to leave I asked them if I could have a shot at the MP5, he said he didn't have any more 9mm. Me and my dad just happened to be testing out his new pf9 and had one box of 9mm left so it was my lucky day!

I loaded it all into the MP5. I fired a couple shots single fire followed by a couple 3-round bursts then I finally let her rip. I've never had so much fun. Definitely one of those never forget moments. I was still smiling the next day. I'm hooked, but I doubt I'll ever be able to afford $15 grand to go full auto myself. What a rush tho..

Pre-86 my dad owned a FA M-16 and a FA G-3. I shot both a few times, none since then. This forum makes me believe I need to own one now.

I have a question, sorry to go off topic real quick here.

If one has a class 3 license, acquires some nfa weapons with it, then allows the license to expire, are they required to get rid of the nfa weapons or can they still keep them after?

Young Gun. You don't need a dealers licence (class 3) to own machineguns.

However there are two classifications of machineguns that only dealers can own.

Pre '86 dealer sample, also known as a pre-sample. These the dealer gets to keep after giving up his license.

Post '86 dealer sample, also known as a post-sample or postie. These the dealer must sell or destroy when he gives up his license.

That's what I was wondering, regarding the post '86. I know you can own pre May '86 registered machine guns on just the tax stamp. I just didn't know if you could keep the post ones after. Thanks!

Back