Anyone know current turn around times on can apps?

I've received about a dozen stamps that were submitted the first week of July 2016.

But I have about two dozen that were submitted in June that haven't come in yet.

"But I have about two dozen that were submitted in June that haven't come in yet."

Mid-June 2016 submission and still waiting.

My wait is over!!! Close to a year and now I'm too busy to drive the 125 miles to pick it up. Maybe next week.

TXAZ said:
it looks like it's going to be September 2017.
There's no way to know which month your stamp will come back other than just guessing based on current trends. Even the ATF doesn't know their precise backlog.

The wait for tax stamps isn't consistent. We're still waiting on some Form 4s that were submitted in June 2016, yet we also started getting early July 2016 forms back starting in April. The ATF is all over the place when they're processing forms. Heck, I've even seen ones that had been approved up to two months previously, and they must have just sat on someone's desk for two months before they sent it to us.

My guess is the wait time will start to go down once we get though the glut of pre-41F submissions, but that's nothing more than a guess. And that's all anyone can even do when predicting tax stamp approval times: guess. It might be an educated guess, but it's still a guess.

Last edited:
Back