Anyone know current turn around times on can apps?

tahunua001

hello all,
I'm part of an NFA trust. we put in for a couple of cans here about a week before ATF posted the deadline for the new fingerprinting rules. I'm hoping they approve it before the deadline and the jerks turn it down, but I was just wondering if anyone has a guestimate on the current turn around time on apps.

My last 2 came in at 5 mo and 4.5 mo respectively.

As long as you have your application post marked before the deadline it will be processed under the current rules. Only AFTER that date do the new rules take over.

My shop is currently seeing Form 4s take anywhere from 3.5 to 6.5 months from when we send them out to when they're mailed back to us. The ATF seems to be sending them back to us less frequently but in larger batches than normal, and we're seeing more than normal that are approved and then not being sent to us for over a month.

And Sharkbite is 100% right; as long as your forms were mailed off to the ATF and postmarked before July 13th, you still go by the current rules.

Buddy in VT. is taking possession of his first can today.
He submitted his application end of January. The square wheels of bureaucracy turned pretty quick on this one:p

"I'm at about 4.5 months now."
I made that post in May and still waiting on that electronic Form 1--going on 9 months.
Talked to SilencerCo today and that one may be in hand by X-mas(maybe before if I'm lucky).

In the last few weeks leading up to the deadline the ATF got swamped with form 1's and 4's. People getting theirs back now were submitted about 5-6 months ago but I'm betting people who submitted in that last few weeks will probably be seeing a 12-15 month wait. If you look back at the wait times over the last 8 years you will see when the panic buying took place and how the wait times skyrocketed. Back in 2012 I bought two cans and the wait was 50 weeks. A few months after I bought mine the school shooting in Conn. happened. Immediately there was another panic buy and the wait times climbed as high as 18 months. After things calmed down and purchases slowed the wait times dropped rapidly. Early last year I bought another can and filed for two SBR's. That time the time to file till I got my stamps was between 90-120 days.

Back