Anyone hunt Crow?

I use an old Johnny Stewart cassette caller. Push play, grab shotgun and get ready! Usually they come in very quick/ about 2 minutes but you have to move around from week to week because you can hunt a spot out if you don't change it up. But great fun and they're great eating.

They were fair game when I was a kid,,,

But I've never actually heard of formal crow hunting before,,,
Other than the afore-mentioned pest eradication games.

Me and my miscreant buddies would go to the dump,,,
And pick them off when they were foraging,,,
They didn't seem too wary back then,,,
They landed and we popped em,,,
22 shorts well spent. :D

Aarond

I have killed two crows in my life. The first was about 35 years ago. I shot it out of the top of a sapling at about 90 yards with an M1 carbine. The second was three years ago. I was dove hunting. I was standing under a tree waiting for the dove to start flying. I heard some crows behind me. I looked around the tree and saw two crows flying straight toward me. I decided that when they got out in front of me I would shoot one of them. But one of them landed in the tree directly above me. I pointed my Remington 1100 straight up and shot the crow. It fell at my feet. I only had to bend over to pick it up.

Crow hunting is a lot of fun, closest thing to duck hunting there is. Crows are very smart and have excellent eyesight. Stay well hidden and you must kill the first bird (the scout) or the hunt is over. Expect to move around a lot because you usually don't kill but a few at each spot. I really like electronoc calls. I have a few full body crow decoys and have made some silouhette decoys out of plywood.

Back