Anyone have firearms insurance?

Absolutely. I have mine through USAA. Easy to manage and decent price. Roughly $400 a year for $28K worth of firearms/accessories. I have a big safe, but if you give a robber enough time and determination, they'll figure a way into it. I don't want to take that chance when I'm TDY or deployed and the renter's insurance will only cover the first $1000 of firearms loss.

Last edited:
I use State Farm they write a separate policy for "sports equipment" and every year I have to go through the list and add or subtract anything that came in or out-But they do require make,model and serial number.I know a lot of you guys are against giving up serial numbers-I gave mine to state farm not Washington DC..

"
It's what they do, and they have done it for a very long time.
Not all do as your link site suggests.

Without serials there's no chance of recovery or little specific info for a police report other than description and of course there's a need to updated the police's list of stolen firearms by serial # which is shared with local pawn shops and guns shops so's to be aware of.
Homeowner insurers: is [suggest only] to buy a safe or cabinet & install alarm.

In this State new FFL licensee's: ATF now [requires] a safe on premises. In size and meeting specific build quality.
I highly doubt a Stack-on cabinet meets those ATF guidelines."

Because Collectinsure does not require serial numbers means nothing.
OF COURSE if your guns were stolen you would report the serial numbers to the police! :rolleyes: THEY are the ones responsible for recovery, not the insuror. The insuror only pays for the lost/stolen items.
Last time I checked , Collectinsure was much cheaper than a rider on my homeowner's policy.

Back