Anyone have experience with S&W J Frame Model 38 Airweight Bodyguard?

I can understand that Great Scot. However, I don't think +P is really that necessary anymore so if and when I find a Model 38, I might carry it with standard pressure hollow points.

I guess I got lucky with my 438 it has a nice smooth trigger right out of the box. Like others said not as good as my 1995 640-1 but with the titanium cylinder I fitted to it’s a joy to carry. Even with +P loads it’s not bad to shoot. It goes everywhere with me. The black finish holds up much better the the silver on the 638. It’s a shame Smith & Wesson discontinued at 438 some years back.

Attachments

• 7E76D4A4-3ADF-4130-8F9F-717B22533D3B.jpeg
    7E76D4A4-3ADF-4130-8F9F-717B22533D3B.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 24
slab...wow! You mounted a belt clip right to the frame? That's a first for my eyes.

*A friend put a "hip grip" onto his Taurus 85 DAO many years ago and carried it that way.

Yes I works out well. Some will say I’d never carry that way but I’ve been Carrying that way for well over 20 years and I still have my boys intact. The J frames have a 10 pound trigger pull so I feel confident carrying that way. Now on the other hand a Glock maybe not.

I had a Model 38 a few years back .. It wore honest wear ... I paid premium and sold it for the same I paid after 2 years of pocket carry ... It was a good gun .. trigger was OK , not tbe best .. But better than most

My Model 38 dates from 1968. It’s trigger is pretty good.
I don’t shoot it much, because I worry about cracking the frame. I should trade it in for an LCR 357.

Back