Anyone have a CCU for their 1911 ??

Re: Sensop's post --

Looks as if the conversion listed by Gun Parts Company is same or similar to one owned by a friend ten or twelve years ago. It was a specially-cut arched mainspring housing which would be left in place on the 1911, with a flat board stock and attachment hardware. I believe this was called "the Lebanese Stock." The whole thing was much like that offered with certain Browning High Powers. It also had a 16 point something barrel to make it legal in the USA, but used the standard pistol sights. It didn't work very well. Accuracy and reliability both suffered because you had the normal sight radius, and the long barrel hanging out beyond the barrel bushing.

It would probably have worked okay with standard length barrel. The Brownings, Mauser and Luger I have shot with stocks were okay with normal length barrels. These last pistols had the Curio/Relic exemptions from the National Firearms Act "Short Barrel Rifle" law. To my knowledge, there was never such an exemption for the 1911, except possibly with the old Ideal brand telescoping stock.
I think the Metal Tech CCU would work much better, because of the long, fixed barrel. Also, with stock and barrel in one unit, you wouldn't be nearly so apt to commit (unintentionally, of course) the federal felony of possession of a short barreled rifle, by having stock attached without the long barrel installed.

Believe it or not---I never did shoot friend's Lebanese rig with stock but short barrel.

BTW--if anyone runs across a complete Ideal telescoping stock for the 1911, I would be interested, at a reasonable price. There may be a Curio/Relic exemption for it, as long as fitted to a proper-vintage pistol. And, if not, I would probably do the paperwork and pay the tax to register it.

Best regards to all--
RR

------------------
---The Second Amendment ensures the rest of the Bill of Rights---

Back