Anyone else thinking they're going to finally have more time to reload ?

I did something I've been wanting/needing to do for a few years now . I separated all the brass I had gathered over the last few years . It was about 2 5gal buckets full in total . I can say this for sure . People shoot A LOT of 9mm and 223/5.56 . I by far got the most pieces in those cartridges . Ended up with a bunch of 40 cal which I don't shoot or own a firearm for . The least pieces I got were 44mag , only 2 cases :confused: thought I'd get at least 50 or so .

Guessing here

3 gal 9mm
4 gal 223
1.5 gal 40cal
3/4 gal 45acp
1/2 gal 38/357
the rest just small amounts of at least 6 other cartridges .

I have done a good bit of reloading lately to include loading up several test loads for when ever I get a chance to go shoot again . I inventoried my stock of powders , primers and loaded ammo . turns out I'm much lower on a few powders then I thought and they seem to be sold out everywhere right now , I still have some but less then I'd like . Bought a few thousand projectiles though before they were all gone . I might load up some 357 tomorrow and then I'll likely be done for a bit .

Looks like the rain has stopped here for awhile so I'll be working on the exterior of my house for the next week or two .

I've not left my property in 17 days and think I have enough supplies to last us another 6+ weeks if need be . Although I wish I would have bought powdered milk and more snack type foods for the long run . This is a good test on seeing if the types of things I've stock piled over the last few years is actually good to survive on in a emergency situation . So far so good but I have learned a lot on what to have next time .

Hope you all are doing well :)

MG

Last edited:
Lesson learned about semi-voluntary isolation/quarantine:
Even though I need to reload and do other important things (like feed the kids, fix the cars, keep the house from flooding, etc.), I prefer working on project guns.

Need to load some .243 Win? Nah. Inlet that ridiculous thing that's been in the corner for a decade.

Need to reload the recently fired 6.5-284 test ammo with the new charge weights? Nah. Send the kids to play outside and do some metal polishing.

Need to fix the faucet that has suddenly started spraying on the wall, even when turned off? Nah. Just turn it on slightly, so the water goes down the drain, and get back to planning the next lever gun project.

Need to clean a bunch of brass so it can be sized and prepped for reloading? Nah... Grab a chisel and start shaping the stock for something at place 417 in the project queue.

Employers love to ask, "Where do you see yourself in five years?"
I didn't see myself here five days ago...

Powdered milk? Not enough.
But there is some on hand.
Luckily, the supply of 'fresh' milk has returned to acceptable levels.

We did get caught short on flour. (And, arguably, yeast.) Get me some flour (and yeast) and we're good for some time to come.
Although... I refuse to freeze cheese. It ruins the texture. We don't keep any extra cheese on hand. We could really use some fresh cheese...

Haven't been laid off, we're considered an essential business. Working of some cutting edge ventilator designs with 3D printing. Been able to reload over 2000 9mm rounds in the last few days, have enough components to do another 3500. Hope to get everything loaded before grass cutting time arrives.

Still organizing my different ammunition, cleaned the guns and all that.

I haven’t been laid off, not really an essential business, should be closed under the direction of the governor, but my employer is requiring me to work. My tasks cannot be done effectively at home, so I’ve been sneaking into work. I can’t resign, because that would nullify any unemployment claims I could make.
If we can’t work, my employer goes under. So I’m stuck without much choice.

Not anything recreational that I can do outside of the home right now.l, so I have more time around the house. Not willing to spend any money with an uncertain employment future, so I’m doing whatever I can accomplish without spending money around the house when I’m not at work.

The real kick-in-groin was that before all of this, I was originally going to start looking for a new career in the April-May timeframe... now it seems millions of others will be doing the same.

Need to fix the faucet that has suddenly started spraying on the wall, even when turned off? Nah.

Need to clean a bunch of brass so it can be sized and prepped for reloading? Nah

Nah !

I like it , I'm going to try that next time something comes up ;):D

I haven’t been laid off, not really an essential business, should be closed under the direction of the governor, but my employer is requiring me to work. My tasks cannot be done effectively at home, so I’ve been sneaking into work. I can’t resign, because that would nullify any unemployment claims I could make.
If we can’t work, my employer goes under. So I’m stuck without much choice.

The real kick-in-groin was that before all of this, I was originally going to start looking for a new career in the April-May timeframe... now it seems millions of others will be doing the same.

Nah

JK :D

wow that sucks and I guess :( good at the same time :confused:. I mean you could turn your boss in for forcing you to work but that would guaranty you lose your job and put you in that boat every body else will be in in the next month or two . Sorry to hear you're in such a bad spot right now . I can only hope your job allows you to be away from most people in a way that helps you avoid getting sick .

Hang in there , I'm rooting for ya .

Back