Anyone else thinking they're going to finally have more time to reload ?

Metal god

I'm in the construction field and although I could work right now , I'm choosing not too . I also take care of two older family members both having strokes and other medical issues . This means I can't take the chance of getting sick and passing it to them .

So I postponed all work until further notice . I was lucky that I had just finished one job and about to start another so no contract issue there . I sent an email to all clients that I was stopping work for the time being . All were very good about it and I suspect many where glad I would not be bringing the virus to there door step .

Now what to do with all this new found free time ? Reloading is going to be one for sure . I was also thinking that shooting can be a solitary activity which I may do more of now . Oh then there's all those pesky things around the house I've been putting off .

Do you guys see your selves doing more firearms related activities in the near future ?

To include talking on internet gun forums more lol :D

Last edited:
I wish ... I work from home so no luxury for me. Best of luck to you and your family. That was a smart idea on your end considering you family situation.

My worthless Governor closed the schools for 3-weeks, so that gives me 3-weeks to load my fool head off. I plan to do this, but also do lots of shooting. In a way this is a win-win, but I hate the loss of money. Thanks, deWhiner.

I work from home in an industry that should be okay if things don't go completely south. Right now I'm grateful for of all the folks who are still out there working directly with the public. If you're one of them- thank you.

I’ll probably be out of work soon. I work at a small privately owned school, will be closed for six weeks at least. Once the owner is out of money it’s over. Wish I could go shoot, but I’m not really enthusiastic about being seen with gun type stuff outside of my home. Wife works as a clerical person at the hospital, her future is unknown too... could be more work for her or she could get cut. There’s rumors of cutting non-medical persons. I don’t need anything I’m set for now. But it might be rough all the way through the election.
A lot of people are going to be out of work when this passes.
I’m resigned to no recreational activities that Require money, to include shooting.

My full time job is in law enforcement, my part time job is in the Air National Guard. Unfortunately, there is not shortage of work for me and very little chance that I will have more time to do anything, reloading being way on the bottom of the list.

A friend told me today he needs me to crank up the old progressive press and reload since he will be home for the next few weeks. HAHAHAHAHA!!! I have kids too! What am I gonna do, lock them in a closet while I reload?

I retired a little over 10 years ago. My kids are grown and my grandkids are getting there.

Life moves on. What we choose to do with it is up to the beholder.

When I am not at the bench, I am either doing yard work, driveway mechanic work, or working on getting DJT re-elected.

I have a 55 Chevy 3100 that I bought in Jan 1973 and drove until June 1987 that I am restoring as well.

I have already started.
Knocked out the 6.5-284 Norma backlog yesterday.
I think .480 Ruger is next.
Then it's on to .475 Tremor and .17-223, before looking through the old "to load" stack/pile that I pushed into the spider corner a few years ago...

There's plenty to get done around the house, too. ...So long as hardware stores don't get shuttered.

I’ve started loading a little more with the additional free time.

.30-30 and .223 last night.

Probably do some 9mm tonight.

Also have a few thousand cases that have been waiting to get trimmed............looks like I may have the time now.

Loaded 300 rounds of .38 Special 158 grain LSWC the other day. 200 rounds with 140 gr JHP ready for powder and bullet sitting in loading blocks. Took the day off for kayaking some tidal creeks today

I was out on the local nature trails with the dog today, not a soul around. Good time to be outside enjoying nature.

Well I finally actually started loading some 9 mm last night after cleaning and prepping some rifle cases . Also started cleaning out the basement . I’m trying to make a schedule like three or four hours a day in the basement , couple hours at the reloading bench and few hours sitting around .

Not sure you guys heard or would want to , but . Amazon is hiring temporary workers Because of all the online ordering going on . I personally have five orders coming in the next two weeks which a few I ordered a couple weeks ago . Not sure what all the jobs are but would assume many of them would be delivery persons if you want to be out and about Amazon is hiring

Last edited:
I've already cleaned all my CF rifles as much as I can (or going to). I'm waiting on 2 barrels to be delivered, both ordered 2/14/20, I was notified of one going into production about a week ago. I could be making brass for 'em (20 Practical & 6x45) but I'm waiting on one bushing to arrive (maybe tomorrow per Brownells) so I can make the 20P. I have the die(s) for the 6x45, and enough brass for both projects, just not ready to do it yet. Kinda tired of being inside the house.

I could re-load about 300 rounds of 204R, and 500+/- in 223, but kinda tired of being in the house.

I've also got a 10/22 to set up for ABRA factory class and sort out, a couple TC Contenders (recent acquisitions) to sort out as well. Also need to finish messing around with the wind flags for ABRA.

I'm getting tired of being inside the house as we've had very few sunny days around here in 2020. Sunshine is a rare commodity here and the forecast is not looking all that promising.

I also need to wash/wax the 2 vehicles, pressure wash the driveway & patio, clean the screened in porch, mow the damned yard and pull weeds.

I've got lots to do during this "keep away from the public" time frame, the weather just won't cooperate for the most part. Not complaining about the current situation, I realize I'm very very fortunate, just wish the weather would cooperate with me a bit more. I hope everyone survives these difficult times w/o much discomfort.

With the nasty weather and virus on the loose i decided to knock out 50 45 colt loads. Now hopefully i can sneak out to the range.

Back