Anyone else out there also think Fred Thompson would be a good President?

They can indeed. However sometimes even a crappy picture can be accurate. It all depends on the perspective of the viewer. :)

Fred...

Fred Thompson would be a really good President, but Ron Paul would be a great president! The rest are [in my book] irrelevant.

Fred Thompson linked to Bush family
Presumed presidential candidate Fred Thompson has hired someone who gives him extensive links to the Bush family. Needless to say, many of those who have (finally) seen the light on just how horrific George Bush has been will be willing to overlook warning signs like this:

Longtime Republican consultant Randy Enwright will be the Thompson campaign's main operative in Florida... Enwright has ties to the Bush family in Florida and beyond, working for or consulting on behalf of the campaigns of Presidents George H.W. Bush and President George W. Bush, as well as former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush... Enwright is a former executive director to the Florida Republican Party and the Iowa Republican Party and served as the Florida political director for the Republican National Committee from 2001 through the 2005-2006 election... According to the book Winning Florida: How the Bush Team Fought the Battle, Enwright, who the book describes as "perhaps the soundest GOP consultant in Florida," played a key role... When the current President Bush was embroiled in the vote counting controversy that was the Florida election in 2000, Enwright was one of the top Florida Republicans that convinced the Bush campaign in Texas that former Vice President Al Gore had not in fact won Florida outright, according to the book.

back to the basic question. Will Fred Make a Good President? I think not. On the other hand I think he would make a better president than most of those running. It would seem the top two in the blue column are Fred and Rudi. in my book Rudi is going down hill as Fred goes up hill. It's a ways until the primary so I'll just keep watching until then. Altho we have several pushing for Ron I don't think he is viable.

Longtime Republican consultant Randy Enwright will be the Thompson campaign's main operative in Florida

Enwright is a former executive director to the Florida Republican Party and the Iowa Republican Party and served as the Florida political director for the Republican National Committee from 2001 through the 2005-2006 election

So Enright (former director of the Repub National Committee in Florida) will supposedly work for Thompson in Florida. So what? I wouldn't be surprised that Thompson would like to have the support while campaigning in Florida. :cool:

Bruxley:
I am not trying to 'piss in anyones cheerios' but rather trying to point out that broad brushes paint inaccurate pictures.

RedWorm:
They can indeed. However sometimes even a crappy picture can be accurate. It all depends on the perspective of the viewer.

To quote Larry the Cable Guy, "That right there is funny I don't care who you are that's funny stuff."

Fred's up by 9 points over Giuliani. Hit double digits over the weedkend.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...1/daily_presidential_tracking_polling_history

Back