Anyone EDC a 4" revolver these days?

No, but I do carry a 7.5" single action most of the time. Have for nearly fifty years. But, my lifestyle has changed somewhat, so I'm looking to get another one in 5.5 inch.

During most of 2016 I carried my 4" Security-six in a Simply Rugged pancake holster OWB. No problems, even though most of the year I wear cargo shorts and a T-shirt daily.

The only reason I switched is that I came across a good deal on a 3" Charter arms classic bulldog NIB (always liked this gun), and have been carrying it since around the first of the year.

I wouldn't hesitate to swap back to the .357 if I had a reason to.

I carry my 4" GP100 in a lovely paddle holster. It even conceals well on my narrow frame with the stock hogue grips. I have Altamonts on the way though.

"Long barrrel" revolver carry

I retired after carrrying a Colt Commander .45 for over 30 years. I tapered off to mostly packing a lightweight two-inch S&W or Colt .38 for the next few years. I found a Colt Cobra with four-inch barrel. It concealed nicely, with the longer barrel pressing against my hip and pushing the butt into my side. It was satisfactory for a while, until I began thinking that a little more capacity might be in order.

I now carry a 9mm most days, either a Glock 19 or an S&W Shield.

No, but I do carry a 7.5" single action most of the time. Have for nearly fifty years.

Unable to form a mental picture of how that would work, the operative word being "concealed". Maybe a pic?

I don't anymore, but I used to carry a Smith Model 10 with tapered barrel from time to time. I used a high ride belt holster with a thumb break. It printed remarkably little.

Yes, my GP100. The "Ruger Shop" Bianchi IWB does the job but I do need to upgrade.

If it had a hint of cant and a more rigid shape, I wouldn't Even feel it on the hip.

Never understood why people think you can't conceal anything larger than a j frame.

Never understood why people think you can't conceal anything larger than a j frame.

I find that partly because so few holsters have the degree of forward cant necessary, pointing the grips sufficiently vertical. There are also guns in that larger category with square butt grip frames that were intended for open carry, mostly cop, hunting, or historic replica guns.

Now the gun's weight is a different matter, as is the muffin top or worse in ones physique that makes belt carry uncomfortable or even makes pocket carry the only acceptable option.

The right holster and properly fitted gunbelt make all the difference. My safariland holster's paddle helps a little bit with weight distrubution along with my belt. At 170 pounds and a 34 waist, my GP100 disappears under just an untucked shirt. Carry on.(literally)

Not currently, due to lower back issues I've been having. I used to nearly every day (S&W Model 19 or 28), but haven't lately. I've been carrying lighter weight guns these days, my S&Ws SD9VE and 642 in particular (adding an M&P9 Shield too).

Once I get my back into shape again (it's nothing serious), I hope to carry my all steel revolvers and 1911s again (S&W 686+ 3", 629 3", 5" 1911s mainly). Maybe not every day, I'm getting used to carrying that light SD9, but overall I do prefer a full sized, 3 or 4" revolver.

i just bought a Smith and Wesson Model 69 4.2" 44 Magnum Revolver that i plan on carrying once in a while. Im waiting for a Sourdough Pancake Holster to arrive to do so. In the past i have carried a Smith and Wesson Model 10 4" both on and off duty for years.

Back