Anybody use Federal 30-30 170 grain Nosler Partition ammo for Deer and Black Bear ?

I would buy seconds, I think seconds are just cosmetic imperfections but that still don't tell me why they were all over the place when micing them and weights were all over too.
Yes every brand has bad things get out sometimes. That what I think happened. Just a bad batch.

If that is your safety net, have an ambulance standing by.

So Nosler designs a 170 grain partition bullet for the 30-30 with a much rounder profile tip and allows it to loaded in 30-30 factory sold ammunition with no warning about use in tubular magazines.....what proof do you have saying it is dangerous to use in tube fed rifles ? All sources I've checked along with other replies on this thread say it is safe for tubular magazines .

Again , this was the only ammunition I could find in stock from my usual sources at time of purchase ! I plan to try different factory loaded ammunition and will eventually set up to reload for it as well ! I appreciate all the replies , thanks !

Whatever you use I'm sure would be good. I have a 30-30 and mine for accuracy works with remington 150 grain core-loks. But the last 10 years I only shoot this gun about 5 shots a year. I reload now and have only reloaded Hornady 160 grain FTXs.

Back