anybody shot in their basement?

Frangible .22 Shorts or CB caps if shooting indoors.
Only time I've fired a .22 indoors it was to do prelim sighting in after altering a rear sight and having sanded away a lump in the barrel channel that had caused wild shots. I used CB caps.
It worked well enough that the sights required no further adjustment to get in the ten ring at 50 yards, further adjustment to get in the X was quick and easy.

Bore sighting would have done almost as well. But I was snowed in and bored.

PS
Using a .22 short to kill a rat can end up costing hundreds of dollars in plumbing repairs and water damage, don't ask how I know this.:(

get a 38 and use a wax bullet and just a primer. shoots about 20 feet and will mark a target but no chance of lead splatter and very low noise.

you know, I've heard of folks molding bullets out of hot glue, and shooting them with just a primer.... I think there's a youtube video with someone doing just that...

reusable bullets, only cost is a primer, no danger of killing someone or damaging property with an errant shot.... and quiet....

maybe you can use that as an alternative.... althoguh I do like the wax bullet idea too...

Mike B

My first home yrs ago was a "mill house"
(all the houses on the street were built at the turn of the century
some with porches and other stuff but all basically the same)
Iron water pipe,knob and tube ,cellar floor was dirt.
I used to shoot 22's down there until, as I mentioned,
I got a headache or felt ill,no ear protection.
One day I waited for the family to leave for some reason,
set the stump up for shooting-put ear muffs on this time -and had at it
with a 30-30.
All the pipes rattled, a dust storm came down from the
joists and I waited for leaks.None but never did
that again-Like a mini earthquake.

i did that once with a 22 pistol. i thought i had a good backstop. it pinged around the basement and scared the hell outa me. obviously i was wrong about the backstop.

Back