Anybody have a Glock 18?

Officer I see you carry a Glock 18, are you planning on trouble? No mamm If I was planning on trouble I would have brought a rifle.

A handgun is for when there is no plan for trouble, but trouble appears anyway.

UZI is a fine gun, but you can't carry it on your hip holster, and where ya gonna put it when it's not time to shoot, but time to put on handcuffs?

They make a mini and micro Uzi the micro isn't much bigger than a Glock with full capacity mag. The regular size Uzi was carried by the the secret service detail protecting President Reagan the day he was shot. I have seen them held across the chest by a 3 point tactical sling and they can be unhooked and put into action quickly
Link to wikipeda photo

The picture you posted has been cropped not to show the Samsonite Briefcase that UZI was carried in. The SS carried the UZI in the briefcase or the DeSantis Shoulder rig, both shown on this website. It is a heavy load. You ever seen how much gear officer friendly in uniform carries? A Glock 18 is no larger or heavier than a std. Glock and it can do all a Glock can do plus more.

The Glock with the Fobus stock attatched in Fobus holster will hide under a jacket, and can be holstered one handed if officer friendly needs to go hands on.

The UZI or MP5 etc is an entry team weapon, when the Glock is an individual working along weapon.

http://files.uzitalk.com/reference/pages/cases.htm

Here is an old picture of me with an UZI 20rnd mag in gun, two 32rnd mags in the off side pouches, it was a load, but would hide with a jacket.

I can take a picture with the Glock 18 and similar mag load out if you have trouble visualizing home much more compact it is to carry.

The UZI is for going to war, the Glock 18 is for going out to dinner.

shoulder.jpg

Last edited:
Yes a mini pad would be smaller than a maxi pad, but not as small as a Glock.

And when 1200rpm is not enough there is the 2400rpm option.

twoglocks.jpg

Last edited:
My lgs has one on the wall, don't know why.

I seriously doubt that. I would say it would be a G17 with a 33rd mag. Unless you could elaborate on how they got it.

also its spelled 'apocalypse' just letting you know.

It took a while for me to figure out LGS local gun store, they would get it the same way every other law enforcement firearms dealer gets one, or any Glock salesman would have in his car. They do paperwork.

FWIW, Just the bolt of an Uzi weighs close to what a loaded Glock weighs.

David, I am sure you have a good reason to have your arms crossed while shooting those Glocks?

Ok so the dealer would need to supply a PD before being allowed to place an order for one? I'm not saying its impossible I just took it as they had it for sale
'on the wall' sorta thing. Your telling me Glock salesmen get Glock 18s!? :D:D:D

Have you shot an Uzi, and if you have am I correct in believing the Uzi would be easier to control?

Yes, many times. Full and Mini sized Uzis are easier to control then FA Glocks , however a FA Mirco Uzi with the stock closed..... Neither are "Easy to control".

You need to understand the Uzi and Glock are 2 completly differant animals that have differant uses. You are comparing apples to bowling balls.

Back