Anybody else annoyed by the newest IDPA rulebook?

WESHOOT:
I have seen you mention that before, and it is certainly a hell of an accomplishment. That is why is needs to be mentioned. Something like that doesn't happen every day. But, in my mind, it doesn't change a thing. I instead have to wonder how this guy would shoot with a race gun.
There are a number of guys out there that are so accomplished as shooters that they can win at the highest levels with an out of the box gun. But that doesn't mean they wouldn't be better with another gun.

well, that has happened to me a few times, i shoot production, and IDPA SSP, i thought. hey, if i shoot a limited gun i can do better, it holds twice the rounds, and scored major. WRONG. i found out that once you get very used to shooting what you shoot, deviations are not something you want.

once you get to a master level, and sometimes before, YOU are your only competition, because you want to shoot the match with the fewest mistakes possible. generally shooters beat themselves when the skill level gets close.

when you aim to do your personal best, you can still walk away happy, win or lose, and i think its pretty fair to say, that even top shooters lose a good portion of the time.

Absolutely true.

But against reality (and we're talking Open vs Limited) the actual difference was about 5%.

Production vs Open? We'll get to check that this year as Jarrett is shooting a good amount of Production. Then we can use Classifiers he's shot in both Divisions to compare hit factors.......

DOD, divisions and classifications are merely water marks emposed by those who don't want, or can't strive to be at the top.

there is only one winner, after that its first loser, second loser Etc.

Just because a friend shoots a 45, or Browning hi-power doesn't mean we won't compete when i am shooting a beretta.

The thing about the different classes that you need to take in to account for is that a cdp gun can only have 9 in the gun to start and the ssp&esp guys have 11. so there's this stage where there are 5 targets that require 2 shots a piece. the guys shooting esp&ssp will beat the guys shooting cdp because of the reload.

so you can't automaticaly say the beating everyone at the match is the only way to measure your skill level....

allow 10 rounders in cdp and problem solved....

now you only need what three levels of classes

master
intermediate
novice

no divisions...

does the gun fit in the box?

then shoot it....

simplelistic I know but the rule book could be a piece of paper then....LOL

have fun
sno

simple solutions only work for simple things,

the origional IDPA rule book was a simple 8 pages.

there will always be more people out there trying something that they think MAY give them an advantage.

if you don't like it don't do it.

The stages are to be made 6 round friendly. Like divisions compete only with that division. I shoot SSP, I don't care what the ESP or CDP divisions do. Read the rule book.

Back