Any word on the Walther P22 or the CZ 122 Sport

Greyhound Dog

I'm a big fan of .22 cal shooting and can't wait for these models to hit the retail stores. Has anyone heard any new news.

Thanks
GD

Last month I reported that the P22 is scheduled for debut in April. I don't think that I have ever seen a gun on a new frame hit the market as scheduled, but nothing has changed as far as the annoucements go.

Waiting for new info !!!!!!!

Contacted Walther and they are sending me some new literiture......I'll let you know more when I receive it.

TY
GH

Thanks bj426! The pics were nice. I've been told by Walther USA that they are still on track for an April Release..., yeah right. Now all I really need to know is if and when they will submit the P22 for California approval.

-Red-

I just realized that the pic of the 5" P22 has "first edition" on the slide. Does anyone know what this is? I know it looks like the 5" target model, but it has it's own part number according to http://www.ultout.com/waltherusa-handguns.htm

I think the rumor is that this version is packed with both the 3.5" and 5" barrels. This would be nice since you won't have to buy the conversion kit. But this was just a guess!

-Red-

hmmmm..... I noticed that walther offers extended cap. magazines for the P99..... wonder if they've thrown the idea of doing the same with the P22...... mmmmmmm how many .22 cal rounds could you fit in that grip.....

just a thought.....

bj426, If you live in the USA and are not a military or LEO, the answer would be no! Since the ban in 1994, it is illegal to manufacture or import magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds and make them for sale to civilians. We were able to get a limited number of hi-cap mags for the P99 because it was just being released at the time of the ban.

Besides that, I won't be surprised to find that the magazine in the P22 is a skinny single stack that would only hold 12 or so rounds even if there wasn't a ban. All .22lr pistols seem to share the same magazine design. Also, from what I understand, the grip on the P22 is considerably smaller than that of the P99.

What I do find interesting is the two different types of mag bases. The 5" model appears to have a finger lip. While the 3.5" model appears to have a square base. Why have two different designs? Why not just standardize?

-Red-

CZ 122Sport

Have any of you guys read or heard anything about the CZ 122 Sport .22 cal there is a thread and pic somewhere in this forum I just can't seem to find it, any info would be of help. The post said it did NOT pass some import standard
requirment and would be realeased at a later date.

ty
gd

I'm aware of the ban......

I'm just saying... that it is enevitable that if there is such a thing.... that some way it is possible to get one.... even if it takes a long time.... and many many of those horrible things we dread and call gun shows (much sarcasm here)

your comment on the potential difference in clip design... if you've ever shot a Pheonix HP22 with the range master kit.... same principal.... having that extra finger on it feels way better.... but having the tight streamline clip makes it much smaller and easier to conceal.

I don't think I really need the small clip design... I really like the (physically) extended mag better... but it makes for a bigger target market if you can have a gun with short and long barrels and short and long handles....

although.... this may not be.... since it apears that at least one of the specs isn't right (unless the p22 will also fire 9mm and 40cal ammo as well)

[Edited by bj426 on 03-13-2001 at 12:33 PM]

I told my dealer about the first edition with both slides and barrels and he promptly called his distributor. It is true, the first 1000 come that way. I could not get a price but the distributor told my dealer he would set one aside for him. April is still the ship date. Does any one know the cost for this set?
Angel

Angel,

If you check my link to Ultimate Outdoors they list the prices for the three models. The "first edition" is listed at $257.52.

I'm curious, did your dealer say that the "first edition" came with both barrels or both slides and barrels? I was under the understanding that it came with just the two barrels. The slides look exactly the same and that's what allows the barrels to interchange as advertised on the Walther Germany homepage.

I just hope and prey that Walther does their job early and gets these things approved here in the PRK.

-Red-

Yeehaa....

well... just got back from the local gun shop.... sounds like there will be 3 of the first edition kits there when they come out and my name is on one of em......

hope he gets em.... cuz I sure want em.... but I guess I'd settle for a regular one...with both barrels....

but it make for a much better collector as a "first"

he (and his distributors) know nothing of the price.... acctually when I mentioned the alleged prices found on the net he was suprised that they are being priced so reasonably.

what he did know... is that there IS such thing and they WILL bee released soon

honestly.... I was planning on picking up a Sig/Hammerli Trailside.... but when I saw the P22 all thoughts of that where booted out.... ESPECIALLY since the trailside would have been considerably more

Walther is supposedly sending me some catalog for it as well..... I'll let you all know what I get...

bj426, remember that the Trailside and the P22 are completely different guns. The P22 will make a great plinker, but it will not be the tack driver that the Trailside is. You need to get both!!!! Just trying to help you out with the justification.

Go Figure

I just received a 2001 catalog from Walther ,,,,,And not a word about the P22...Anyone heard any current news

TY
Greyhound Dog

Back