Any Sig 226 fans here ??

Have both a "bought-used" German, stamped slide 226 & a newer milled slide 229. Both are Superb pistols. Had Novak's do their Superb "Duty Action" Trigger Job and bbl. crown on the 226. Shoots like a dream and with use the DA/SA transition is almost un-noticalbe. Prefer the "All-German" guns if they can be had. The only real reason to have the milled slide is for the High Pressure .40 & .357 Sig rounds. A moot point but prefer the balance of the stamped slide Sigs over the milled. Other than straight SA pistols the only one have that is more Combat accurate than the 226 is a P7M8.

Oh hell yeah! Best handgun in MY hands. Always seem to go back to my reliable Sig, comfort in the hands, comfort at the range, comfort on my belt. Overall works for ME.

While I don't have a 226 (though I have handled it),
I have or have owned a 220, 228, 229, and 239. I swear,
someone in europe has an exact replica of my hand.
I don't know how they do it, but these are the best
feeling guns I have ever held. These guns scream
precision. I enjoy just sliding the slide back and forth
on the rails to admire the smoothness. The only exception is the 239, which felt a little thin in the grip area.
I switched out the grip for a hogue and now that gun is golden as well.

My only complaint is that when I miss I can no longer
blame the gun.

Howard

the 226 was my duty gun for about 12 years (back when you could get a NIB for $370) and its accuracy is 2nd only to my p7.

1. squad car seatbelt wore through finish on the top of the slide - TNT technology refinished in electroless nickel and cleaned up the trigger too

2. the checkering wore down on the heel of the stock grips from rubbing - put on hogue grip because pach's were too stickly. added the "short" trigger at the same time for a "better feel"

3. lost several grip screws - changed to hex head screws

4. the only irritating thing is the convex top of the slide which limits my sight options.

i like the stamped slide better (why carry the extra weight when your only shooting a 9mm) because the flat on top of the slide helps draw my eye to the sight line.

Yup.

I love my 226. Not my favorite Sig cause I'm not shooting it right now. It's off getting new night sights installed. But it will return.

Back