Any Sig 226 fans here ??

vyper005

I just recently purchased an all German made 226 in 9mm...I havent even shot it yet !! Do you guys like the older versions(stamped steel)or the newer ones(milled stainless)?? How does your 226 shoot compared to some of your other guns ?? Any problems ?? Thanks for the input...

Vyper,

They are both incredible. I had a 228 years ago that had a roll pin work its way out--which would seem to be a point against the sheet metal slides. However, most people have never had this problem--and Sig will fix it free anyway. Also, despite the problem my Sig 228 never malfunctioned. I could talk about the Sig classic guns endlessly. They are invariably reliable (except for a very few lemons), scary accurate out of the box, and have great triggers. Obviously, the advantage of the later slides is that they are stainless and won't rust. This is one of those advantages that is really overblown. Apparently, if your gun cannot be frozen in a garbage pile for 6 month it is fragile. This is similar to the need most people seem to have for SUVs. The 226 is the choice of the SEALS, GSG-9, SAS and most other Spec-ops groups. Probably means they are better than Lorcins :)
GHB

I am a big 226 fan. I carried one for five years at my first police department and loved it. I have only carried the older version of the 226 so i cannot compare it with the new. I do love my Sig 229 which is SS.

Although my first love is the old 1911, the Sig 226 is up there as one of my favorite guns. Over 10 yrs without a hitch. You pull the trigger, it goes bang! Very accurate, too.

As you can tell, most who have owned one or even just handled it are fans. Mine is boringly reliable and quite accurate.

All the good things said about the sig 226 are true. Handle one and you will know the quality. Shot one and you will know the accuracy.

Just shot my Sig P226 for the first time yesterday. Awesome gun, very smooth. Fit my hands perfectly. No malfuctions of any kind and accurate too.

After 6 weeks of research, I just bought a Sig P-226 in .357sig today.

I own a 225 and couldn't get over it's accuracy. I did not own a weapon in .357sig caliber yet and wanted to get the "best" .357sig I could.

I ended up choosing the 226.

And I'm very, very happy.

Great choice Gremlin !! I just picked up a 226 in 9mm myself.....Please give us a range report as soon as you get a chance....Take care....

I just bought a 226 in 9mm, nitron finish, with sig lite sights and have to say it just became my favorite auto. The gun is very accurate and machined like a swiss watch. My beretta 92 FS and wather P99 are close seconds, time to stock up on some more 9mm. aim small

I still consider my 226 as the ole standby. Even tho like many others who have various makes and models, this is the one that feels like a good pair of slippers. Function and reliability have been flawless in the 7 yrs I have owned mine. The only drawback to me is the fact that I have small hands which makes it just a little on the fat side for my liking. Probably should have gone with the 225, but what the hey....nice having those high cap mags...:)

Mine: German K-Kote P226 purchased new 10yrs ago. Still looks & shoots like new. No other gun I own compares to it, not even my Beretta 96G Elite II (damn close though:D). In 9mm, I prefer the stamped slides. If I were to purchase a 40/357 version, milled stainless for sure.

I own a...

P226 9mm Nite Sights used police trade/in... $400, 1997.

This is the least expensive handgun I own. The finish on the stamped slide is worn due to holster wear but no rust. The most expensive handgun I own is a P229 .40 ($750, 1995). I am a loyal SIG fan since I first fired one. Other than a 1911 for novelty, I see no reason in buying anything else but SIG.

HK, Glock, Beretta... good but not a SIG. SIG fits perfectly in my hands, like no other. The location of the controls are perfect, like no other. You can field strip it in the dark with one hand into very simple components, like no other. Reliability is scary. Trigger is supreme among DA pistols, like no other. Quality is top notch, like no other. SIG's were designed by world class engineers, not CAD/CAM computers that doesn't know what a human hand is like.

SIG... truly a professionals' weapon.

The 226 is a really nice gun, but the price on a new one here has always been really high. Magazines are pricey too. Cost is the only reason I didn't buy one.

Back