Any S&W 66 owners?

Got a couple of 66's. A no-dash with 4 inch barrel, and a 66-1 with 2.5 inch barrel. Prefer it's older brother the Model 19. By the way, that Remington +P load you referred to as the "FMI Load" is actually the "FBI Load". Very effective and what I shoot exclusively out of my Model 19's.

Don

I carry my 66-2 2.5" routinely. I sent it to the performance center when I acquired it. Love shooting it. I love my 4" version too! I shoot and carry magnum loads (158grains, 1050fps, various JHP)regularly, no forcing cone erosion. YMMV.

Born in 1980 and adopted from a local pawn shop in '05 for a one-time re-homing fee of $375. :)

Attachments

• M66 009.jpg
    M66 009.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 35
I've owned two model 66's, a 4" no dash with stainless sights, and a 2 1/2" dash 1. Sadly I sold the 4" 40 + years ago. I still have the 2 1/2" version, and have every intention of keeping it.

The model 66's have all the advantages of the model 19's, along with the added advantage of the stainless construction. If you really want a model 66, get it as soon as you can as prices are going up.

Here is the pic copied from the Gunbroker ad....I can say the pic doesn't do the weapon justice. :D

Attachments

• Smith and Wesson 66-1.jpg
    Smith and Wesson 66-1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 46
Shot her today! I wish I had pics.

Hits touched or went into same hole! Plinking single action at a 1 inch stick was child's play. Even double action was impressive.

Mostly shot Winchester .38 +P but I bought a box of Federal 158 grain .357 Mag. Recoil with the Magnums was more stout and even sharp, but groups were still impressive.

My friend and I both noticed the gun sank lower and lower into the hand with each shot though....I guess those grips are just too big for our hands. I'm thinking Hogue grips and storing the originals.

I definitely plan to shoot this thing IDPA this coming summer and contacting S&W for a history look up on her with letter.

I have a 66-2 with the six inch barrel.

It was a gift from my Old Man whom had purchased it from a retired State Trooper. If I remember, I'll try and upload a picture tonight.

Great gun. I shoot hot .38s in it and can clean house doing steel plates with it.

Back