Any reasons against the Mossberg 930 "Home Security" 8rnd model?

I won't buy a Remington or Mossberg semi-auto. I have owned both and neither really impressed me. Next will be a benelli and if that doean't do the trick I will just give up scatterguns.
Except for my folders.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

MarkCo and jaguarxk120, do you own a Mossberg 930 or have you spent any significant amount of time shooting one? I own one and have put several thousands rounds through it. It needs a normal amount of cleaning like any gun. Never had a misfire or jam. It is my home defense gun. Mine is a JM version and the cost was only about $50 more. The JM version is the version Jerry Miculek uses for competition. I think Jerry knows if it’s a good/reliable shotgun better tha most folks. Sorry but I trust my experience and Jerry more than ya’ll.
Yes, I owned one, put about 3K through one. Have fixed a lot of them, but now I won't even work on them. I have designed shotgun configurations for 3 manufacturers, including Remington. Was sponsored by Benelli for a few years, but let that go so I could spent more time working on, and testing different makes.

But that only works as long as he continues to win. Is he going to take a chance on not winning by using a product that doesn't work as intended?
Jerry has, in fact, lost several matches due to his shotgun going down. I am friends with Jerry and I have the utmost respect for him, but it is a money thing for him right now. Jerry is also a master machinist/gunsmith. He takes his allotment and chooses the best, then tinkers with it a good bit. He goes through more than one a season.

Hello op here.

Same question for an extension tubed 18-22” semi, preferably a vent ribbed barrel stock or cut by me (so need cheap oem replacement options if I decide to sell)
....mossberg 930hd, Stoeger m3000 with me cutting barrel, cz 719 utility, or weatherby 08 or the 459.

On the weatherby 459 or whatever the model, I can’t find a stock replacement that doesn’t have the pistol grip—I do not want this.

The cz is the best stock option, but not sure what to make of comments online.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Nope.
I have to fix 870s not too infrequently. I almost never have to fix a Mossberg 500 or then variants of them (different model number)

WHICH 870? The Express has its issues being built to a cheap price point; the Wingmaster - not so much

Back