any other cheap old guns?

longdude17

ok fellas, i just recently got two 1938 mosin nagants in great shape, and i have a nice 1938 turkish 8mm mauser. Both are great shooters and im just getting into the curio relic scene. Wish i would have found this interest a few years ago....

Is there any other nice old guns that can be had for under 200 bucks? ive been browsing around and not much really comes up.

The Mosin 91/30 is a nice rifle. The Finnish Mosin costs a little over 200, but worth having The Yugo M48, The Spanish Mauser,The Italian Carcano, The Enfields, watch yourself there is a large supply of Lee Enfields #4mMK1 I have one myself.Don't allow yourself to be hornswaggled into inflated prices.The #1 MK 3 is a must (WW1) American rifles cost an arm, and a leg as you will soon find out. If you are not already apply for the C&R license. It will allow you to buy and transport interstate as well a say goodbye to the NICS as long as the gun is C&R Welcome to the wonderful world of Milsurp

Enfields, Carcanos, Type 99 Arisakas, Yugo mausers, and some South american mausers can be found for less than $200 if you look around.Prices on Japanese and Italian rifles seem to be climbing though.

Romanian, and Polish TT-33 Tokarev pistols. Yugo M57 Tokarev style pistol. All 3 are in 7.62X25 caliber which is a very cheap and available round as surplus. 11 to 15 cents per round.
CZ 82 pistol in 9X18 Makarov caliber. A modern design with a 13+1 capacity. 9mm Mak from Brown Bear or Silver Bear still isn't a bank breaker
@ &10-$14 per 50.
Polish P-64 Similar to a Walther PP in 9X18 and around $170.
Russian 1895 Nagant. Under &100 but ammo can be a little hard to find and more costly. Some fire 32 S&W Long or even 32 H&R Magnum with reasonable success.
I am assuming you have a C&R license so you can order directly from the distributors.
I also assume you don't live in one of the "Eastern Bloc" States that don't honor our 2nd amendment!!
For a lot more C&R, and particularly Milsurp info try: http://milsurpshooter.net/

Spanish Mausers in 7.62 nato, Spanish FR-8 in 7.62 Nato, Yugo Mauser in 8mm Mauser. South American (Chilean or Argentine) Mauser in 30-06.

Steyr M95 in 8X56R's can be had for under 100 bucks. I have two, and both are fine shooters. Bad to your shoulders, worse than a Mosin Nagant, but they both are quite accurate.

If you're willing to do a little research, all sorts of vintage American sporting rifles are C&R, and many are quite inexpensive. It's not all about milsurps ya know. ;)

Would a Remington Model 11 autoloading shotgun manufactured before 1948 qualify for C&R?

If so, they can be purchased most anywhere for $200 and it would be hard to find a finer gun for that money than a Remington Model 11.

FEATURES:

1. Model 11s are inertia-operated semi-automatic shotguns that carry 4 shells in magazine +1 in chamber = 5 shell capacity.

2. Those with a "cylinder" barrel or an "improved cylinder" barrel can be used to shoot one oz rifled slugs accurately out to 50 +yards as well as shoot 2 3/4 in shotshells. These guns can literally be used to hunt anything in North America that you can get to within about 50 yards of - as long as you don't have to use steel shot which unfortunately is the case with waterfowl nowadays; which is kinda sad, since the Model 11 earned its reputation for rugged dependability as a waterfowl gun. (I understand they can still be used for waterfowl hunting with some expensive loads like bismuth.)

3. Those manufactured after 1906 have an adjustible recoil brake (aka friction rings) for mitigating recoil when shooting either light loads or heavy loads.

4. It was an expensive to produce, hand-fitted gun that had an all-steel barreled action with finely finished walnut wood furnishings featuring hunting scene rollmarks on both sides of the receiver and a checkered pistol grip on the stock and a checkered handgrip on the forearm.

5. These guns were THE automatic shotgun of the first half of the 20th century. Most gun knowledgeable people still recognize them on sight. Those in good condition still draw a lot of interest and admiring glances in the field or at the firing range .

6. There are a few drawbacks: Model 11's shoots only 2 3/4 inch shells; not 3 inch magnums, and can't use steel shot. It has a barrel with a fixed choke (unless a polychoke has been added). Its a little heavier than modern guns. It also has a somewhat stouter recoil than a gas-operated gun.

"" Steyr M95 in 8X56R's can be had for under 100 bucks. I have two, and both are fine shooters. Bad to your shoulders, worse than a Mosin Nagant, but they both are quite accurate. ""

I agree. I always liked these unique rifles. I have owned & shot those for years. Surplus ammo is hard & expensive to find, but I have some leftover if anyone needs any.

If you can buy a really good Enfield #4 for $200, you might be glad.

I have only one, but my goal for the mid-term (no pun) is to have a second.

Last edited:
Would a Remington Model 11 autoloading shotgun manufactured before 1948 qualify for C&R?

If you go to the ATF's web site you can go to publications and request a copy of the C&R list ( FOR FREE ). Here is the link,
www.atf.org
All of the publications are free from the ATF

Sometimes you get lucky with the sporting rifles.
I got this Hopkins & Allen 12ga off of GunBroker.com for $44, because it would not stay cocked. A 2 minute repair in my garage (required no parts) and I have a nice early 20th century shootable shotgun (blackpowder shells-the barrel is not braided or damascus-the bore is shiney).

Attachments

• fullshot1.jpg
    fullshot1.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 51
  • fullshot2.jpg
    fullshot2.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 35
  • H&Abutt.jpg
    H&Abutt.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 28
well id love to get me an enfield or a k-31 for 200 bucks, but they are few and far between,

plus i need some ideas, like the ones listed above i never kniew those guns existed, till someone said something.

I love .22cal but also like the high power guns too...not much into the pistols.

I have 2 mosin nagats, and a turkish 8mm, both are nice to shoot, but the rest of my arsenal is pretty much new era guns

Be sure to keep an eye on your local classifieds. Around my parts, nice non-US milsurps turn up now and then at really good prices because 1.) they're not hunting rifles and 2.) many folks around here don't know what to do with them.

I picked up a fine old Savage No.4 Mk.1* for $100 because the guy had lost the magazine. Last year, I got a "nearly new" Mosin Nagant M38 for the same price because the guy didn't like it as a deer gun.

Back