Any new Glocks coming out in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares? I love my glocks, but they’re not exactly trailblazers anymore.
Here we go again..yawn

I guess the OP 'cares' since he asked the question.

https://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/handguns/glock-46-real-rotating-barrel/

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/04/12/details-on-the-new-g47-confirmed-by-glock

Lessee..Glocks are reliable, accurate, not expensive, come in dern near every semi auto pistol caliber known. Not sure what they are 'supposed' to do.
Oh, I see, not 'pretty'', that gets a 'who cares' from me..:)

Glock chambers a new calibre or barrel length and says it's a new pistol. A Glock is a Glock. Over priced and slippery.

Dan-O Who cares? I love my glocks, but they’re not exactly trailblazers anymore.
Well, the consumer market seems to care, as do the FBI, ATF, Secret Service and majority of LE agencies at the state and local level. My USSS customers tell me they can't wait to get issued their new Glocks.

As far as "trailblazers"? Please. No manufacturer currently trail blazes a darn thing. Most are still playing catchup to the Evil G, instead of trailblazing they keep churning out the next Glock killer. None have succeeded.

kozak6 Lots of rumors, but nothing concrete.

Hopefully they'll be leaks closer to SHOT.
Fewer and fewer companies are announcing "big news" at SHOT. Often it gets drowned out in the big news coming from all the other manufacturers.
Take the G40 for example.

T. O'Heir Glock chambers a new calibre or barrel length and says it's a new pistol.
No, they really don't.
A Glock 26 is not at all the same as a Glock 17 except for caliber is it?
The closest Glock inc gets to brag about "its a new pistol" is the generational versions, but essentially the same design. A design that works and shouldn't be changed.

A Glock is a Glock.
And thank goodness for that. The commonality of parts, the user friendly design, the ability to easily change calibers, to use factory magazines from 10-33 rounds, the ability to easily modify, customize or gunsmith without need for anything more than a pin punch or jumbo paperclip.

Over priced and slippery.
Nah, reliabilty is priceless. And you should look for one of the models with RTF2 grips if you can't hang on to a pistol.

I like Glocks. They work for me. Thats why I asked.
Well, the consumer market seems to care, as do the FBI, ATF, Secret Service and majority of LE agencies at the state and local level. My USSS customers tell me they can't wait to get issued their new Glocks.

As far as "trailblazers"? Please. No manufacturer currently trail blazes a darn thing. Most are still playing catchup to the Evil G, instead of trailblazing they keep churning out the next Glock killer. None have succeeded.
Reality, what a concept..

RTF2 grips? I have one of those, just about tore the skin off my hands. Out came the tool!
The Dremel, my buddies said I had gone mad, destroyed the value? I never sell guns, so what the heck. But it has the best trigger, about 4 lbs. Clean release, TruGlo night sights.
Extended slide release. Sits in a Kydex OTB holster. All is well.

The only Glock I would be interested in, the G46? Is that the #, the model for European Law Enforcement only, the rotating barrel.
But in G19 size. So that looks like a non-starter, so be it 43X or Glock 19? I suppose that back and forth will happen. I think if Glock would produce the Glock polymer holster and mag pouch. Which I use with my G19, the 43X would be viable.

In speaking to Glock USA that seems like a non-starter. So soldier on. As no one can seem to produce any holsters that are not huge lumps, around 8" long. Keep well.

I've got three and plan on more. Don't care if they come out with anything new, but I will definitely be buying spares and duplicates.

No no no. The new Glock strategy is that the first one has to be bad. Then, only after enthusiasts and early adapters have bought in, do they release the "real" one.

If anything, we're lucky that it doesn't have a silver slide and that it's not .22 short or some other silly thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back