Any modern snub revolvers that aren't a bad idea to even try wit CAR point shooting?

I watched a video of a guy shooting using the CAR style, he shot two shots, reloaded, shot two more shots. He did this over and over.

They made a big deal about how FAST it was, but they never showed his targer, or him HITTING anything!

I wondered, why not??

I have my suspicions....;)

Shoot more, think less. I remember CAR when it was the latest fad.....given that rare are those that use it, I suggest you stick with the proven, functional shooting methods that take care of the issues that you are working hard to solve.

Jeff Cooper, Bill Jordan, Massad Ayoob, Grant Cunningham....if they don't do it with their pistols, you shouldn't do it with yours....

I made it through 1:14 of the video, just long enough to see what CAR is.
That was enough.
I have no idea what the original poster's question was asking.
Denis

English is probably OPs second language. At least American English. A bit odd syntax no doubt.

Also a little curious about his math, how does closing one eye rob you of 60% of your vision? 50%, I could understand...
Depth perception, acuity, and acuity field of vision type tests probably result in such figures.

Take the theory of CAR and apply it to whatever stance/grip you normally use. It pretty much comes down to don't hang your gun out in front of you when crossing a barrier. There are lots of ways to address that problem.

I have done a lot of shooting and been in a few situations which could have gotten pretty dicey without ever having been shot at or fired a shot at anyone. But I wonder how many of those folks who study and read and watch videos and play with guns ever really have used or even carried a gun for any serious purpose. I have little trouble envisioning someone confronted by a real world bad guy spending an hour or two trying to figure out the proper grip, optimum draw, appropriate remarks ("draw you scalawag" vs "fill your hand"), etc., etc.

My instructors, back in the olden days, always seemed to have the silly idea that getting a shot into the right place fast was more important than having the right pose, correct posture, proper foot placement, proper superior smirk, right color of shirt, etc. From some things I have read and seen on these sites, folks often seem to be preparing for a Hollywood "gun fight" rather than a real confrontation with sudden death a very real possibility.

I won't ask anyone for "credentials", but based on my own knowledge of the approximate number of real gun fights in the U.S., I wonder how many "internet experts" have ever 1) carried a gun routinely except as a LEO, 2) carried a gun for personal protection where there was real anticipated danger, 3) engaged in a gun fight, 4) killed or seriously wounded another person, or 5) been shot or shot at.

Jim

Back