Any help with ID'ing a rifle is appreciated

I believe the box is half full. I mistakenly didnt get counts when I took pictures. Will do so and post when I am back at the parent's house.

Before I took the proverbial leap to have it re-blued I looked at the bore and it was nice, bright and shiny. Working on sanding and refinishing the stock. When put back together, will put a modern scope on it and work on taking a few does out of the local population and feed some family members.

44 Amp is correct in that the safety has been removed for scope clearance. Those are low mount scope rings to boot. There are taller ones. The scope safeties 44 Amp is referring to were Buehler Safetys They can still be found and I have a couple in the drawer that I took off sporters and put the originals back on. I have some of those as well.

Project continues

Reblueing is finished - the gunsmith did an excellent job. Gunsmith had some issues over the summer. Stock was refinished with 600 grit followed by 5 coats of TruOil. The scope I want to put on is a 6x18 Bushnell with a 50mm objective. Any suggestions on a scope base? I realize the objective is big but it's the scope I want to use. I'm looking at a base from S&K Mounts in Pennsylvania - probably will give them a call Monday. I'll post pics when it's done.

Back