Any experience with Eagle grips

Gee, it's good to see a couple positive reviews coming in. This relaxes my grim countenance a little bit, because I went ahead with the purchase and sent in >$100.00 to Eagle a couple days ago. Thanks to all those who posted--it is very nice to view pictures, as always.

Rosewood Secret Service grips + Charter Arms .38

I cannot believe just how beautiful these grips are for my Charter Arms .38 Special. For years I always put those high grade rubber grips on all my wheel guns just because someone told me that was the only way to carry a wheel gun. They never seemed to reduce "felt recoil" to me. And they always seemed loose in my grip too. Besides making every wheel gun I own look ugly. I actually know the ex-head of the Presidential Detail of the Secret Service and he said that his people used a special wooden grip on all their backup wheel guns. He told me about Eagle Grips and my search was ended. My snubbie disappears on my ankle or in my pocket now. My groups are tight and on target. The gun is now an extension of my hand, with a natural point of aim. I understand completley
why he swares by them! They turned a functional, flat black and ugly piece of steel into a beautiful and highly prized everyday carry. This is something that gives me great confidence in my choice of what will defend me and my loved ones.

I have a set of Eagle target grips on my Dad's Ruger .22 semi pistol, beautiful wood with a thumb rest. Bought them many years ago (at least 20?), at a gun show. I over paid (gun show prices:D), but pertaining to quality, I'm impressed. Rugged, deep checkering, nice color. I believe its Rosewood.

Here I have Eagle Secret Service grips in rosewood on three out of four little Smith & Wessons:

And here a pair of elk stag from Eagle on a "Super" Blackhawk .45:

Never had a problem with any as to fit. Be aware that the rosewood is not Brazillian rosewood but is an Indian rosewood.

I have been well satisfied with all of my purchases from Eagle.

Bob Wright

I have just a single experience with Eagle. Bought a pair of their Heritage grips for a 629 and wasn't real happy with the fit - there was a small, but noticeable gap between the top of the RH grip and the frame. Called Eagle and was told that there's a lot of variation in the dimensions of S&W frames (funny - never had a fit problem with other manufacturer's grips) and that I could send them the gun at my expense and they'd custom fit the grips, which I wasn't about to do. I liked the grips otherwise and you really had to look to see the gap, so I ended up keeping them as is, but haven't gone back to Eagle because of that.

FWIW, I recently put a pair of Altamont conversion grips on an old 586 I bought that had been converted to a round butt and they fit so well you would think they'd been molded to the gun.

It seems if you order from Eagle, ya spin the wheel, ya takes ya chances..... and your chances ain't very good.

I tried a pair of Eagle grips some years ago. Pretty much garbage. Didn't fit worth a d--n. My advice is don't waste your time or money.

I had a S&W 42 with Eagle Secret Service grips and they were good looking and functional. However that revolver was made in the 60s and I think the grips were too.

I ordered up a pair of birds eye maple grips, on the phone, asked that they not be finished as I wanted to do it myself...gun was a M19 S&W...they fit correctly, were made of good quality birds eye and turned out just fine...and had 'em in a cpl weeks. This was a cpl of years ago. HTH's Rod

Back