Any comment on Ruger LC380?

I don't get it. Why carry a Ruger LC380 when you can carry a Kahr PM9 that is much smaller? Is the LC380 thinner like .75"? Then maybe that might make a difference.
But the Kahr I'm carrying holds 7+1 of +P 9mm.

You keep saying that you could convert the LC380 to 9mm, but why not start with a smaller 9mm to begin with?:confused:
When you're older and have declining hand strength, and perhaps arthritis in your shooting hand, you'll be able to answer that question yourself.

When you're older and have declining hand strength, and perhaps arthritis in your shooting hand, you'll be able to answer that question yourself.

Ha ha, that's why I do grip exercise every week. Funny that if you look at people in the gym, even they do exercise like pull up and all that, they use wrist strap to help gripping onto the pullup bar. So even when they do exercise, they don't work on the hand strength. Best way for me to get rid of ache and pain on joints is exercise, weight training. There's no free lunch.

I read online, but I want to confirm, LC380 is Double action only. Also, it is hammer strike, not striker fire. I assumed by looking at it that it's just another striker fire pseudo single action all along.

If that is so, I am buying the gun!!! This is everything I want. It is still a little thinner than my PPKS.

I was kept thinking that I like the fact the PPKS is DA first shot and that's what I want. this means I can safely load the chamber of the LC380.

I just realize LC380 is very new, came out in 2013 after the LCP. I was wondering why. Now I know.

Last edited:
Alan0354 said:
I read online, but I want to confirm, LC380 is Double action only. Also, it is hammer strike, not striker fire.

The LC380 is a hammer-fired pistol with a double-action-only trigger.

The pistol's appearance can be deceiving because the hammer is recessed so that it never sticks out from the back of the slide. If you look at the back of the slide, you can see whether the hammer is not cocked or partially cocked.

The trigger action is a bit confusing because the hammer is partially cocked when the slide is racked and pulling the trigger finishes cocking the hammer and then releases the hammer. If the hammer is not partially cocked, the hammer does not have restrike capability to fully cock the hammer and fire the gun.

Attached are pages 7 and 17 of the LC380 Manual that show the operating features described above.

Attachments

• Ruger LC380 Manual-07.jpg
    Ruger LC380 Manual-07.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Ruger LC380 Manual-17.jpg
    Ruger LC380 Manual-17.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 15
HighValley Ranch: "Well, I base my opinions of actual experience, not people reviews on forums and youtube.
You should check out this guys reviews. He's a fan of Kahr, a good shooter, and has had ton's of them, all without any problems that everyone whines about."

Uh, okay.

The LC380 is a hammer-fired pistol with a double-action-only trigger.

The pistol's appearance can be deceiving because the hammer is recessed so that it never sticks out from the back of the slide. If you look at the back of the slide, you can see whether the hammer is not cocked or partially cocked.

The trigger action is a bit confusing because the hammer is partially cocked when the slide is racked and pulling the trigger finishes cocking the hammer and then releases the hammer. If the hammer is not partially cocked, the hammer does not have restrike capability to fully cock the hammer and fire the gun.

Attached are pages 7 and 17 of the LC380 Manual that show the operating features described above.

Thanks for taking the time.

When partially cocked, is it just a slightly cocked only that it won't fire a round even if dropped?

Thanks

Back