Any advice for a first time conceal carrier?

I would like to modify this advice:

1. Don't draw unless you are in danger of grievous bodily harm to you or someone you want to defend. You do not have to use it (fire) as you can deter in some cases. You should train to know when to do this or not.
2. You do not plan to kill the BG but to stop the aggressor.

The first point is well made. The second point is true legally, but I think what Goatwhiskers was trying to get across is that one may find oneself obliged by the circumstances to fire, and in delivering that legally justified stopping shot (meaning "as many discharges of the firearm as are necessary to end the threat"), you must factor in the reasonably high possibility of causing your attacker's death. And if you can't deal with that on the intellectual, the moral and (where applicable) the spiritual level, don't draw.

I once saw it stated in print as "Draw your gun, go to jail." By no means always, and the author made it clear there were exceptions, but I think he wanted to make it perfectly clear to the new CCW carrier just how grave the situation had to be before they should consider unholstering their firearm.

beginner

I see four common things students and newbjes do. 1) cheap holster, buy a quality holster, it will eliminate alot of sight and feel, 2) belt, you want a quality gun belt to help hold and dispers the weight, 3) touching, 1 &2 will help, leave it alone. 4) take more training, getting your ccl is the lid of paint can, there is a lot to it, fyi that you tube video will not testify why you did what you done.

Back