Antelope down

We'll be doing grilled steaks, marinaded in Chili, Garlic Soy Sauce and Lime Juice this Sunday.

We are happy campers.

It's an older Burris 3X-9X made for the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. It has a picture of an elk on it. Anna liked the picture, so we put it on her rifle. Seems to work just fine.
:)

She killed the antelope with it on 4X. I have taught her to use low power for most shots. It's much faster to get on target with it set at lower power, and a 250 yards shot through a 4X magnification is like an 63 yard shot with Irons. She's a pretty good shot, so it was not hard for her to do at all shooting from prone.

My daughter uses an older USA made Burris 3-9 on her .300 Savage M700 rifle. She killed her first speed goat last year with it. I think she shot it on 3X, it was a shot under 100 yards. We'll try it again this year in a couple of weeks.

When are you going to tip one over with that 9.3X57?

Tell Mrs. Wyosmith great job!

Well Taylor, I didn't get an Antelope license this year. My deer season starts soon and also elk, so I may use the 9.3X57 on them, but I also have a 6.5 Mannlicher and a 30-30 Marlin that I want to try out too.
Oh..................so many hunts and guns to dream about, and not enough time, licenses or money to do it all.

Really a huge blessing to have that problem................. :)

If the skies are dark I'll use the new 9.3, but if I have clear skies I will use one of the iron sighted rifles.

No, slaves are better.
:D

Actually I only take one out at a time, but I look at the weather first.
If it's calling for clear skies I'll take the iron sighted gun that "feels" good that day

Back