Another lube question

I started doing this about a year ago. I can size around 500 pc of brass in a hour. It's the deal..

+1 on the home made Lanolin mix. I have a dedicated plastic container with a lid that I just dump the brass into, spritz with the mix, cover and agitate. It gets enough inside the case mouths that I don't have to worry about lubing those separately. Dump it out and let it air out for a few minutes and the alcohol will flash off.

I've tried most lubes and now I'm another fan of homemade lanolin/heet mix here. The stuff is just awesome. Same as Dillon lube.

One more lube suggestion

I have used the lanolin / alcohol lube and it works very well. The lanolin seemed a little difficult to find, so I have tried the Saddle Oil which is a lanolin / silicon blend in the same 8 : 1 alcohol 99% / oil mix and mist it onto the cases. The alcohol flashes off fairly quickly and the cases resize with very little effort. I found the 99% alcohol 16oz at Fred Meyer grocery for about 1.50 The saddle oil is fairly inexpensive from North 40 in the attached link.
Just a thought.
https://north40.com/catalogsearch/result/?&q=saddle oil

I found my lanolin on Amazon pretty easy. I bought two 4oz bottles pretty cheap. More than a lifetime supply, the brand name is Now. For alcohol just get the red bottles of HEET gas line anti freeze.

Back