Another dumb optic selection question?

I like Leupold for ruggedness. All their scopes are tough, as you move up their line, you are paying for glass quality, not extra reliability.
At the moment, my hands down favorite for the money is Meopta Meopro. The glass is clear and ridiculously bright. I can't tell you about their customer service because I have never had an issue that needed them.

I like Leupold for ruggedness. All their scopes are tough, as you move up their line, you are paying for glass quality, not extra reliability.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you as that is your experience. IME, Leupold has started making low end scopes that are unreliable. They sell these based on their name and that turret reliability is often judged as minute of deer at 100yds.

If your scope needs adjustment season to season with the same load, you need a new scope. If your rifle takes more than a group or 3 to sight in, you need a new scope.(could be shooter issue too) If your turrets need adjusted after a flight, you need a new scope.

My Vortex scopes never need any of this...

This is not a scope recommendation but maybe the scope doesn't make as much difference as it might seem. My first gun was a 250/3000 savage m99 equipped with a 2.5 power lyman Alaskan.Growing up with that little gun i took more game than I can count( derr hogs and an elk).I now shoot a high powered scope but that little rig made me a better shot.KNOW YOUR GUN

The only Vortex line worth throwing money at is the Razor, rest of them a junk prone to breakage. Right on par with the Nikon brand. Good glass is an investment, buy once, cry once. Or if you’re like me buy a lot and keep it from the wife, cry when she catches you.

I just bought in November, a VX3 2.5-8x36 for $245.00 new in box. They are discontinued. They have been replaced by the VX3i. the deals are out there, you just gotta keep looking.

Hey guys. Thanks for all the input. Sorry for the slow response... Life got in the way for a while there. Just wanted to express a little appreciation. Everything I've found seems to put vortex and Leupold on par price for price. I'll probs go with Leupold just based on my personal experiences with vortex.

Back