An all-purpose shotgun. Advice please.

To all the fellow members who participated in this thread and helped me decide which type of shotgun I should get, I just ordered a Remington V3 12 ga. in walnut with 26" barrels from Bud's.

This is the one: https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/97326

Total out the door price: $663, incl. $7 delivery insurance, no sales tax. There will be a $30 transfer fee to pay to the FFL, but that is fine.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on my new shotgun, which will probably be in about 2 weeks because of shipping and the CA 10 day waiting period.

Cheers.

I've used my 870 pump for most anything you could use a shotgun for and I never felt hindered at all by pumping the action. I actually find that it induces a natural rhythm and keeps me from wasting a tube full of shot-shells with reactive trigger pulls.

I've owed a semi shotgun for a short time and sold it shortly afterwards as it just didn't feel right to me.

Years ago, I bought a mossberg 500 combo. It came with a 28" vent rib barrel (I added the fiber optic front sight) and a 24" rifled slug barrel. There was a promo going on at the time and mossberg sent me two more free choke tubes with proof of purchase. Along the way I picked up an 18.5" smoothbore slug barrel with rifle sights. It was my do everything gun for awhile.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on my new shotgun, which will probably be in about 2 weeks because of shipping and the CA 10 day waiting period.

Cheers.

Make sure to read your owner's manual for the proper way to do your initial cleaning and subsequent maintenance - then go enjoy.............

Back